Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS 2WD
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i purchased lows/highs and fogs 55 w 6000k from DMM an i dont have DRL killer but they been workin great now it seem when i place the truck into any gear an the lights kick on they come on for like a sec. then go off or dont come on at all and i have to turn the switch back and forth sometimes ten times to get them to come on and stay... Fogs work fine.... also once the lights are on and working good and i switch to my highs same thing have to hit my highs on and off serveral times before the damn things will stay on... Please help..
Thanks,
Teddy

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS 2WD
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one having this problem or ever heard of this?? just worried about the wife driving an using high beams and the road going black

·
America!
Corvette C6
2,827 Posts
if you let the day light running lights run the HIDS, it prob destroyed the ballast's. You can not let the Day light running feature on the car run HID's you have to either get the DRL or shut them off every time you get in the truck or turn your lights to the on setting every single time. So your only 2 options with out a DRL mod is Off or on.

When day light running setting on the truck is on. ( which means you dont touch the light switch when u get in the truck and just put it in park and drive drl are on) only sends 75% or so power to the lights and that is what kills the ballast. They need to see 100% to work correctly.

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS 2WD
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok u think dmm will cover them under warranty?

·
America!
Corvette C6
2,827 Posts
ok u think dmm will cover them under warranty?
I would not tell them imo u let the DRL kill them. Id just be like they are having a issue with them. if they ask if you if u have a drl and you say no, id def tell them you either switch to the off postion or turn them on so you dont kno what happened. basically dont give them any free info they dont need to know

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
136 Posts
I've never had no problems with my hid's, when i put it on gear they turn on and i've never had no problems with them and there the ebay ones i paid 86 bux for lows and fogs.

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Did you install a DRL in-line module? Because, the GM DRL doesn't supply the true voltage to the headlight harness that the HID are plugin to.

Only one module is needed and the one I use, I bought from v-leds.com

Here is the Link.

I hope this helps. BTW, I'm running the DRL with my HIDS for the past 3-4 months and its my daily driver. No problems.

·
America!
Corvette C6
2,827 Posts
Did you install a DRL in-line module? Because, the GM DRL doesn't supply the true voltage to the headlight harness that the HID are plugin to.

Only one module is needed and the one I use, I bought from v-leds.com

Here is the Link.

I hope this helps. BTW, I'm running the DRL with my HIDS for the past 3-4 months and its my daily driver. No problems.
He already said he didnt have a DRL in his first post. And i already explained it to him. Way to not read.

and f v-leds

http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merc...TT&Product_Code=JAT-DRL-MOD&Category_Code=JAT

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS 2WD
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha thanks whats all the different options tho? DRL with Quad w auto fogs? that mean my lows stay on with my highs and that my fogs never go off? i dont even kno what to do lol

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Doh!!!!

So i purchased lows/highs and fogs 55 w 6000k from DMM an i dont have DRL killer but they been workin great now it seem when i place the truck into any gear an the lights kick on they come on for like a sec. then go off or dont come on at all and i have to turn the switch back and forth sometimes ten times to get them to come on and stay... Fogs work fine.... also once the lights are on and working good and i switch to my highs same thing have to hit my highs on and off serveral times before the damn things will stay on... Please help..
Thanks,
Teddy
He already said he didnt have a DRL in his first post. And i already explained it to him. Way to not read.

and f v-leds

http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merc...TT&Product_Code=JAT-DRL-MOD&Category_Code=JAT
I understood his post and read it correctly. The module allows you to run the HID WITH DRL.

I hope you understand now what I wrote and the module I recommended. :jackoff:

Keep your post non-personal...attacks against another member is not acceptable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts