Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought the DDM Tuning 6k lo kit and the drl killer no quad w/ auto and fog from Jetttstream. Well I can't get the HIDs to come on. I'm not too good with wiring but when I did the DRl everything seemed fine. Although the auto fog wasn't working. But I've swapped all sorts of wires around on the ballast. Nothing. Tried both ballasts and a 3rd from my fog setup. Nothing. Put back in a factory bulb. Worked. Wtf.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,980 Posts
im normally pretty good about this stuff but this hangovers killing me :burp: go thru the drl killer instructions thoroughly, you mightve misread something. put all the wiring back and see if the hids work without the killer

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd have to re attach the pink/white wire from the bcm though. Think it matters about the HIDs since the standard bulb works?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hahaah Too funny. Well I swapped it. To where the clip has nothing to clip to. Boom. Worked. lol

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also in process of checking everything out I figured why the the Auto Fog wasn't working. The metal clip was pushed down and not sliding into the connector.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Yep I did that on one of mine too, the raptor kits will plug in either way but only work onr way of course.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Brandon,

As we discussed last night, here is the info/photos you need...

Fog Light wiring:

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=889608&postcount=14

On the headlights, removing them from the truck is the best way to go. If you notice, I left the wire harness that connects the stock wiring to the red harness on the ballast AND the wires leading from the ballast to the HID bulbs disconnected. This is so you can get the headlight assembly installed back into the truck and then make those connections. The black fiber plastic support doesn't have the room for those wires to be connected beforehand...

Driver Side

Passenger Side

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
6 Posts
i know a lot off people have trouble with the connection wires .a lot of them are crossed and labeled wrong. switch the negative and positive. should work.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
i know a lot off people have trouble with the connection wires .a lot of them are crossed and labeled wrong. switch the negative and positive. should work.
Already fixed the problem...read the whole thread...Brandon called me last night asking about mounting of the ballasts. That is where we are now. Thank you though...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts