Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Just a noob
TrailblazerSS
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duuuuuuuuuuuude, do a little searching before making such a senseless thread...

Low - 9006
High - 9005
Fog - 893

http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=JETTT&Category_Code=TBHID
ty for the help but i wish this site would chill on the search stuff, im not new to this site as i just read a lot and have about 10k posts on ls1.com. this sites search is the worst i have seen, i love the site but i just give up after 30 min of looking around. i have never told anyone to search it. i just answer the question or go on brousing. this is why we are all here. info.

but seriously thank you.:cheers1:

·
Just a noob
TrailblazerSS
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand google, as i have used it before. but i think that googleing (sp) something about a custom aplication is more of a waste than this thread. I come on to this forum to seek advice, would you have told me that i should have googled it if the bulbs that it called for didnt work as well as a slightly smaller ones.

It would be nice if you just answered someones question or just went along, i find it a little retarded to tell me my thread was worthless. Plus it looks like ur a mod.... just seems a little crazy!

Anyways no harm done just wanting u to know how i felt

P.S I hope someone will search for hid sizes and end up in this thread so it would not be redeamed "WORTHLESS" anymore.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
:2cents: make sure you get 893 for fog and not the 880 which is also an option- the length is the difference with 893 being a little shorter You probably won't even need the high beam 9005 as the low 9006 will provide all the light you need 90% of the time.

·
Just a noob
TrailblazerSS
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you thats the info i was looking for!

godd vendors? i know jettstream and like his stuff

pm me if you are going to suggest non vendors please. I like the help they give the site but sometimes there are some good products out there that dont sponcer us.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
I understand google, as i have used it before. but i think that googleing (sp) something about a custom aplication is more of a waste than this thread. I come on to this forum to seek advice, would you have told me that i should have googled it if the bulbs that it called for didnt work as well as a slightly smaller ones.

It would be nice if you just answered someones question or just went along, i find it a little retarded to tell me my thread was worthless. Plus it looks like ur a mod.... just seems a little crazy!

Anyways no harm done just wanting u to know how i felt

P.S I hope someone will search for hid sizes and end up in this thread so it would not be redeamed "WORTHLESS" anymore.
Like I said, we are all more than happy to help! :) I gave you your bulb sizes and you can do with it what you wish...Jetttstream is a great vendor and very customer service oriented, my lows and fogs as well as my GF's Mazda3 lows and fogs have his kits in them!

There are other routes to take but customer service is more important to me than simply the price...Mike will take care of you!

On a quick side note, you need to understand that our site is different than other sites...we don't have mods running around policing what and where people post, so we are left to do that for ourselves and eachother, you understand? So please don't take offense to me complaining about your worthless thread, I do it for everyone! :D

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
:2cents: make sure you get 893 for fog and not the 880 which is also an option- the length is the difference with 893 being a little shorter You probably won't even need the high beam 9005 as the low 9006 will provide all the light you need 90% of the time.
I will take this more of an opinion than fact.......

Unfortunately, I do not understand this statement--but my "880" bulbs fit just fine. I specify the correct length 880...always have always will.

I'm not the cheapest HID guy out there, but I do cater to the TrailBlazer market and there isn't a setup I haven't done or don't have information on.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
I will take this more of an opinion than fact.......

Unfortunately, I do not understand this statement--but my "880" bulbs fit just fine. I specify the correct length 880...always have always will.

I'm not the cheapest HID guy out there, but I do cater to the TrailBlazer market and there isn't a setup I haven't done or don't have information on.

-Mike
Mike i based that on alot of feedback from people who were having problems fitting the bulbs into the socket. More peeps using the 880's had problems than the ones using the 893. Any one else have any evidence of this?
Kev

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
My Jetttstream 880's fit...you do have to loosen the mounting plate Philips screws to make the install easier, but they fit with no clearance issues...

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
I guess but you are speculating or making a theory based on hearsay instead of scientific fact which is simply bad information.

Unless you can prove it, then I would say it's still bad info. I'm not giving out measurments (hint) but I can put a caliper on my bulbs and prove they fit. Why? B/c I'm in the business of making people happy.

I'm sure DDM sells a lot more bulbs than me--but I definitely am there to take care of guys and sell them a one-time install whenever possible.

And I'm not just some sell-house, I'm constantly using that money to further projects on the TBSS as a true enthusiast not line my pockets.

We're taking it easy right now, but the shit that hits this spring is gonna BLOW the doors off of what some people sell now...and some shit that NOBODY sells......and the return, of course, of the silicone rad hoses! :)

-Mike

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
While you are at explaining, can you tell us what is the difference in the two bulbs-880 vs 893-other than physicall? And why is there need for two numbers if there is no difference?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
I'll pass. LOL

880 is less wattage than 893's in halogen form. Physically they are the same.

But you knew that already since you know everything about 893's........ :king1:

However, I don't buy from DDM or their supplier...SO...I buy from mine and spec out a bulb height.

If you'd like I can put 893 on the box...all I'm trying to say is there is a certain length of the glass filament that fits in our TBSS housings.

Sorry I ruined your personal theory / hypothesis.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Now now, boys.

Mike, any hints on what might be coming in Spring? In time for the tax return?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts