Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
America!
Corvette C6
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really wanna move to FL, around the daytona area. My question is to anyone down that way.. How is the area? For jobs and such. I am a computer repair guy. But will do anything to start til im on my feet to look for something better.

·
Registered
tbss. duh.
836 Posts
IMO i wouldn't move anywhere north of west palm unless you had a job lined up. its just not as heavily populated = less opportunities

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Tampa there's shit to do. Ask jimmy ^^ he knows all about shit literally :rofl:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,786 Posts
I wanna leave Miami I hate it

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
My area is actually really nice. If your looking to start a family there's a lot of family activities n what not. Search Lakewood Ranch FL, they have homes from $150,000-4,000,000+ and Tampa is only a 30-40 min drive and the beach is 10 miles away.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,786 Posts
Get me a Job, I hate my Hurley store

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
378 Posts
Unless you can get in at Embry-Riddle, Daytona State College, Stetson or the state court system working on computers or IT, there isn't really much else here besides a lot of doctor offices. A lot of people commute to Jacksonville and Orlando from the Daytona area.

·
Premium Member
06TrailblazerSS 2wd
1,445 Posts
Sorry Corey for butting in im thinking the same thing within a year or two in the jacksonville or orlando area im an ASE cert.mechanic, how is the market there for jobs thanks Corey for sticking my 2 cents in.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
378 Posts
I'd say Orlando and Jacksonville are good options to look into. Commuting in either can be pretty bad during rush hour; I have worked in both areas. Daytona is just now starting to become a little more tolerable to live in with all the new restaurants/ businesses in the area.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can't wait to get out of Florida. No one here can drive, it's hot as balls all the time, and the jobs suck. There's no state income tax so the state could care less if you have a job or not and the state protects all the employers with laws like "Right to work state" which basically means they can fire you for being black, fat, gay, etc. and don't have to give a reason. The wages are also terrible and the standard of living keeps going up so that doesn't help. Gas is expensive because you HAVE to drive to get anywhere and because we can't drill for oil off the cost to cut down the transportation costs on fuel because everyone cares about birds and fish and other useless animals.

Oh yeah, and 90% of the population is so old a strong gust could rip their skin off their bones and because they have all the money, they call all the shots.

·
America!
Corvette C6
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
i forgot i even make this post..

But i would going near ft lauderdale buddies there that would let me stay there until i get on my own..

Looking for computer repair places, inventory jobs im pretty willing to do what it takes.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS
464 Posts
well i can ask around for computer gigs but i can tell you most of them would probably be in orlando which is a ways away from where you are staying lol

·
HereSSY
O7' BLK AWD
399 Posts
I'm doing a Florida move too in less than a year, hopefully, to the Tampa area. I heard the same thing as far as jobs I'm hoping I can find something til I finish school. Wish me luck!!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
50 Posts
Hey bro I moved from MI in 07 and went through a little bit of a rough patch but doing well now. If you are a go getter you can get a job anywhere? I live in the Tampa area and I would not change it for the world. I love the heat, water and beaches! Florida just for the weather alone destroyes anything about Michigan! I would rather be broke and in this beautiful state then back anywhere close to the dirty "D". Nothing like waking up every morning looking at palm trees!!

Good Luck

Kyle

·
HereSSY
O7' BLK AWD
399 Posts
Hey bro I moved from MI in 07 and went through a little bit of a rough patch but doing well now. If you are a go getter you can get a job anywhere? I live in the Tampa area and I would not change it for the world. I love the heat, water and beaches! Florida just for the weather alone destroyes anything about Michigan! I would rather be broke and in this beautiful state then back anywhere close to the dirty "D". Nothing like waking up every morning looking at palm trees!!

Good Luck

Kyle
This may not be directed towards me but I gotta tell ya it's helped with my skepticism, thanks, Kyle!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts