Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love these trucks, and I know more than a few of you guys on here have em. Lets see them and post up some info on yours!

Heres ours, nothing special, but We just got her Friday(traded my 90 F150 for it :rofl:). Its a 78 K10, heavy half ton. 350/TH350. Edelbrock Manifold and Carb, small cam(no idea on specs), true duals, blah blah blah. Its a super solid old truck. Goes down the road like its brand new, and starts the first time I turn the key. I couldnt be happier.

We have tons of plans in the works. First up is refreshing the interior, and a set of 35s or maybe a bit bigger. Then, fixing the few minor cancer spots and a fresh coat of paint. After that, we will be swapping in a 5.3 or 6.0.

Heres a couple of pics. I will be grabbing a few more tonight after it cools off outside and I get some work done in the house.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Best body GM ever made. My favorite come out of Lubbock,Tx by way of Hills Hot Rods. I want one bad. A solid RCSB, 2wd, hammered with a healthy 383. but all trim pieces still there minus the drip rails.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Seeing all these trucks makes me wana sell my titan and start searching craigs list.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,159 Posts
I'm going to whore up your thread a little....
The day pulled her home with no motor or trans

The truck I bought for fifty bucks with a rebuilt motor

Putting in the motor

A poser shot with her new paint job

The first time I took her out lol

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,159 Posts
Wheeling with my buddy nick,first time on 33s

A new bumper!

Rolling 35s

Pulling home the truck I bought for twenty bucks with a good 4 speed

Stuck again

Twin stick for the 205

How she sets today

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,859 Posts
here was mine. 1980 k10. My first vehicle. Built by my dad. 350, 38.5" tires, 6" lift. Thing was awesome. Should have never sold it,.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looking good guys! Keep the pics coming. Tons of badass trucks in here!

Random ass question: anyone know what the biggest tire I can fit under mine is and still have it be "useable" and not rub when shes twisted up? I was thinking 35s......

That Burban is SICK btw Jake!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,119 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't do any bigger than 35s on the 10 bolt axles. 35s are perfect. That's what I had on my Blazer before they wore down and they were the perfect size.
35s will be perfect for your setup.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool, thanks! Any particular Backspacing I should be looking for? I was thinking of going to a 15X10 wheel instead of the 15x8s I have now. Or, would I be ok with the 8s with a 35/12.50?

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
OK, you asked for it.....

Tube doors that I had made(they are now powder coated charcoal gray)

The wheels I had powder coated charcoal gray with orange beauty ring

The truck should be going in for paint this winter. I am painting it ZO6 Atomic Orange with gray Line-x from bumper line down(bumpers are currently getting powdered charcoal gray). I am hoping she will be on the road by next summer.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Cool, thanks! Any particular Backspacing I should be looking for? I was thinking of going to a 15X10 wheel instead of the 15x8s I have now. Or, would I be ok with the 8s with a 35/12.50?
You are fine with 8" rims with 12.50s but 10" wide rims make the tires look much better:2cents:

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.