Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never realy post up anything about my personal life but in November my dad starting getting HORRIBLE head aches, After some testing and then finally a cat scan in the beginning of December they had found a brain tumor

The doctors did not let him leave the hospital that day and started him on steroids to bring the swelling down. After that he was transferred to University of Chicago where we went to surgery to have it removed.

After they removed the tumor and did some testing they found he had Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) Stage 4. He has now gone thru with the radiation and is still doing the chemo. The doctors are giving him 30 days off of the radiation and then they will do another MRI to check the growth if any.

It has been a long hard road to watch all of this but i have high hopes. With this being said i have started to work with the American Cancer Society to help the fight against this and all other cancers out there. I have personally donated money and now every month my business will to with the help of everyone.

Performance Detailing is excited to release the news that we are working with the American Cancer Society! So from now on any time you get a complete detail or a complete window tinting a part of the proceeds go to them to help the fight against cancer!

We will post up every month on our Facebook page the amount that we donated so if you would like to keep up with how we are doing simply go on your Facebook page and find Performance Detailing "Like".

Thanks
Doug

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
I lost a good friend a few years ago to a brain tumor. He had the whole headache thing going on too. He thought it was just stress, or Thyroid issues, so he never got it checked out.

Long story short, he passed out on his dinner plate Christmas Eve. His parents rushed him to the hospital, and he died soon after. They didnt know he had a tumor until after he had passed.

Best of luck to you and your family man. I hope for the best for yall. I applaud your help in the fight.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
58 Posts
Sorry to hear the reasoning behind the partnering with the ACS, but it's definitely cool of you to donate part of your proceeds- wish I could have you detail my brick!

Good luck to you and your family during the fight. My buddy is going through a tough battle as well - cancer fucking sucks.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
8,343 Posts
I hope for the best for you and your family. I went through a bout of oral cancer myself. Look forward to giving you my business in the spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts