Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS 3SS
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed SAE headlights and Jettts Switchbacks on Tuesday night. Havent had any issues with them, but on my way to work today my drivers side turn signal stopped working (no indicator in the cabin, regardless if turn signal or hazards are on)

I got to work, got out and noticed both lights are still firing in "running light" position but the drivers side wont turn yellow.

I cant take it apart at work, but wanted to get some input on what could be wrong.

I tried cycling the vehicle, I can reach the pug connector and its tight...

When I installed my resistors (from Jettt) I installed them in the front (seen some people install them in the tail lights)
I hooked one end using wire tap to turn signal, and the other side to the ground already on the factory connector.

I heard the resistors can get hot so I made sure to secure them away from everything...

Whats my issue?
Thanks

·
"******"
1,231 Posts
Did you try swaping the bulbs? (left to right and right to left) and see if the problem follows. If it does, its a bad switchback not wiring :2cents:

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS 3SS
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you try swaping the bulbs? (left to right and right to left) and see if the problem follows. If it does, its a bad switchback not wiring :2cents:
Not yet, I don't get off till 5:00.... but that's one of the things I plan on trying

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS 3SS
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No one has had this happen to them?

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS 3SS
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Little bit of an update...
Dead at work so went out and messed with it a little bit.
(sure do cut up arms trying to reach the socket without taking the light fixtures out!)

I'm not sure if it was from me pulling on it or if it was already like this, but the resistor connector for the ground wire had come off. Fixed it and put it on.
Then checked fuses. Both the DS turn signal and the running lights fuses were blown (running lights worked before I pulled the bulbs out)

Replaced the fuses...
Now for running light position the switchback just flash on and off (white).
Go to turn the DS turn signal on.. fires once then pops the fuse...

Ideas?

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS 3SS
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Figured it out, bad switchback. Contacting Jett.
Put DS in passenger side, replaced fuses, checked running lights, fired turn signals and DS was fine but PS popped a fuse

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS 3SS
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Jett for getting me replacements.

Installed today, PS works great. Drivers side has the fast blink.. all connections tight... Must have blown the resistor when the bulb went bad. Whats the part number and can I get these anywhere local? Just want to go get one and be done with it

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS 3SS
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to go. Soldered it in at the tail light and works fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.