Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 3SS
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every time is start my truck i hear a buzzing sound coming from the door pillar on my left side. it usually stays with this buzzing sound until a minutes or so after shutting down the motor.

before i go looking inside the pillar, i figured to ask here. last thing i want to do is mess around with the side curtain airbag there.

here's a small video of the sound, might have to crank up the volume and listen past the snow/hash sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=XbpWE26XtM8

almost sound like a compressor, but for sure that's not it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 08
5 Posts
I'm having the same issue. Its really annoying....its never quite there is always a buzzing in my ear. But I will say that it only does it 70 percent of the time.

I have no clue what it could be. Sorry I cant help... But I will be following this thread. As well as asking around! I've asked afew GM guys I know and I couldn't get a decisive answer.

So before I get an airbag deployed in my face.............. We need some serious HELP!

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
its the little speaker looking thing called the aspirator, had the same issue on my 07 denali...lemme pull up the fix from another site

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
It says you have to log in.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
shit, well basically you have to pull the ambient air temperature sensor out clean it, lube it, and put it back in. there is a little fan and motor in there that get nasty after a while

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 3SS
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, gotta give this a try. just for my curiosity, what is this aspirator for anyway?

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
subscribed.....mine does it too! Even does it when key not in ignition. Hit unlock button and it comes on.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts