Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
04 NBSCC Silverado
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i have a 92 yukon with a 6 inch lift and 33s that we use mainly for camping and playin, and a short drive to work and back every other day.

i bought it cheap and dont plan on putting alot of money into it

I live in alaska and i cant get any tempature out of the motor. coolant temp and heater temp are both mildly warm at best. I blocked off the radiator with cardboard and also put a hotter 190t-stat in it and still no luck bringing the temp up. The most i ever see on my guage is about 140-160 and thats if it has been running for along time. I wanted to go the heater core route, but since my coolant temp is cold also, i dont beleive it is the heater core.

the thermostat is functioning properly and i have tried heater on/off etc and cant raise temp.

my next guess was gonna be the belt driven van that is fully engaged from start up to shut down?

what do you all think?

thanks in advance! Derrick

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
i always have been told the colder the motor the better...you need it to warm up for heating purposes? retro fit some heated seats into it?

·
Premium Member
04 NBSCC Silverado
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
engine performace wise, yes the colder the better! but im freezing my ass off in it!

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
lol, not sure what to tell ya there bro...i can only imagine how cold it gets in AK

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
124 Posts
If your running a stock spark plug I would go up a heat range and see if that helps,,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts