Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve finished installing my LS3 long block, and a few codes have popped up.

P0300
P0330
P0106
P0068

I cleaned the TB and electrical connection, and that code has not reappeared. The other 3 have remained.

I tried putting the TBSS MAP sensor in the L92 manifold, and did not get the code to stay away (P0106). I did use an o-ring to help seal up the smaller sensor, but the code is still there.

I’m unsure about the misfires (P0300 and P0330). Is it possible this is just related to the cam, new motor/larger displacement? I have an appointment with a tuner next Saturday, but I’m trying to ensure that there isn’t anything actually wrong on my end before I see the tuner.

It does run, but seems to struggle on “hot starts” and doesn’t have a smooth powerband. Definitely feels like the ECU is freaking out.

Again, hoping to have this all resolved with the tuner, but trying to make sure my ducks are in a row before I get there.

Thank you in advance!!!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
4 Posts
Personally I would be satisfied with where you are at, but I'm not an expert. I would be tempted to unplug the MAF as a work around, which might cause another code, but allow the engine to run on speed density (maybe someone that knows what's going on will chime in and correct me). Either way, keep your foot out of it for a week.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! I hadn’t thought about unplugging the MAP sensor, I’ll give that a shot.

Yeah, I’m hoping he can give me a base tune that will correct all of these issues. Seems like the ECM is looking for stock LS2 specs, and not a cammed LS3. It’s about 100 extra HP, so I don’t doubt things need to be tuned. But I just want to show up with only a tuning issue, and not have codes that I can fix before hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts