Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m installing an LS3 long block, and I’m finding a bunch of conflicting stories on what injectors I need. I picked up an L92 intake manifold with no injectors. Will my LS2 injectors work in this manifold with no issues? I realize in the future I will need bigger injectors (with future mods), but will I be good to go for now?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,596 Posts
Stock LS2 injector is 34 lbs/hr and stock LS3 injector is 42 lbs/hr. I have some 80 lbs/hr injectors on the shelf that I replaced when I went E85 in my V.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew they were a higher flow, but I am unsure if there’s any fitment issues between the 2. I’m going to swap my injectors, rail, TB and map sensor into the new intake and see what happens. I was just curious of anyone else who has gone down this road if they ran into this issue.

Are you saying you have them for sale?

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,596 Posts
LS2, LS3 and LSA all use the same style injectors. LS Fuel Injector Guide

My old injectors are way more than you need unless you are going E85. My V had 618 rwhp and they were only at 80% duty cycle. I went E85 which use a a lot more fuel so I wanted to be safe..

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link, that clears up some of my confusion. What would be the need for spacers on the fuel injectors? Is that for the gap between the fuel rail and the intake manifold? I’ll swap everything to the L92 manifold tomorrow, hopefully it all matches. I suppose I should get new o-rings just to be safe.

Yeah, I’ll be at 495hp...at the crank. Ideally, looking to go forced induction down the road, but this engine swap was not planned. I bet I may need LS3 injectors with any other mods.

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,596 Posts
When you tune (or get it tuned) make sure they tell you the IDC (injector duty cycle) at full throttle. That will tell you how much room you have to mod.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
4 Posts
Appreciate you sharing with your posts. Just wondering how this turned out overall, and if the LS2 injectors were adequate for your hot cam crate LS3. I may be in a similar situation with some unwelcome noises coming out the engine, and wanting to move to something with potential for forced induction.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far, the injectors seem to be working. I’m going to try and put together a post with everything I used for the LS3 swap including part numbers and links if possible. I learned a lot along the way for sure. It’s been running for 2 days now, and sorting through the 4 diagnostic codes right now. Will be getting it tuned soon, then I’ll have a definite answer if the stock injectors are sufficient or not.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
4 Posts
Sounds good - looking forward to the write-up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts