Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
mixmaster
TrailblazerSS
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had any problems, SS has been driving fine. Went to a dog park maybe 2 miles away, no code on the way there. Car sat for a few hours came back and noticed the check engine light. Went to advanced auto and had them read the code. Po335 crank shaft position sensor, mods are listed below. Been running the tune with zero issues and zero codes for almost 1.5yrs. Any thoughts on why I'm getting this?

Is it common for these to go bad? I'm at 48.5k on the odom

·
mixmaster
TrailblazerSS
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update bump. After clearing code it hasn't come back up yet

Any thoughts

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
After looking up that code, it doesnt set the check engine light until the 2nd time the error happens. So it wasnt a one time wonder. I would unplug the sensor and check the connections to make sure they are clean. While the sensor is out, clean it with brake cleaner, might have some crap stuck to it throwing it off, but in all probability it is on the way out if the cleaning & connections don't help.

·
mixmaster
TrailblazerSS
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well this is the first time the check engine light has come on ever. so would it still trip the code with no light the first time?

also if it was on its way out wouldn't i have received another check engine light?

ive never messed with the crank sensor on this car, is it in the front by timing chain cover or in the back by the flywheel somewhere?

thanks for the response btw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts