Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Everyone..

I just picked up my 2007 TBSS 3SS and i have two questions....ONE URGENT!!!

1 -> URGENT -> all the doors lock but i can still open the rear window (hatch) and the ALARM tgoes [email protected]?!?!?! -> Am i missing something?!?!

2 -> how do i access the headlight bulbs?

YOur support is appreciated.

thanks
Frank

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
1. Take the truck to the dealer and have them adjust the rear lift hatch lock mechanism...or pull it apart and do it yourself, it's a common problem

2. Pull dust caps off headlight bulb location and remove headlight bulb

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,037 Posts
Not sure about the door lock situation but there are clips that hold your headlight in, three of them on each one I think. Pull the clips up and the headlight will come loose. You may need to loosen your grille and take it off if that dosent give you enough room.
. Feel under the grille (the middle section of it to the left and right of the bowtie) and pull gently. Hope this helps

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys..

I just tried it again and it seems that the latch button sometimes triggers the rear window and sometimes not (dealer it is!!)... :)

Also, is there a write up on how to remove the headlights?
I see the one lift clip....but cannot locate the other 2...pics would also be SUPER..

BTW - LOVE THIS SUV...what a ride..

Thank you!!
Frank

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
only 2 clips the one is easy the other is tucked under the fender. you can get it with a long flat blade screw driver. taking the grill off is the easiest way. grill will be easier to take off the more times you do it. first time you will feel like you are going to break it.

·
Premium Member
07,09 -3SS- Blk,Slv
5,400 Posts
Thanks Guys..

I just tried it again and it seems that the latch button sometimes triggers the rear window and sometimes not (dealer it is!!)... :)

Also, is there a write up on how to remove the headlights?
I see the one lift clip....but cannot locate the other 2...pics would also be SUPER..

BTW - LOVE THIS SUV...what a ride..

Thank you!!
Frank
Follow these instructions to remove the grill first:

http://ss-shootout.com/trailblazer_air_intake.html

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
You can fix the rear hatch glass latch issue by adjusting the linkage on the lock solenoid. This is a very common occurance, so much so that all Traiblazer owners should be reminded to check theirs periodically.

Remove the rear hatch inside panel cover and you will see the linkage has some clips that are easy to adjust. Spray a little lubricant on the latch mechanism as well and you will not have problems with it again.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
^^^ not true, sometimes you cant adjust it enough or lubrication wont help. Just FYI if you get to that point, the latch mechanism itself gets so much slop in it that it wont work.
Not sure about that...there is a LOT of adjustment available in that linkage. All you have to do is take it apart and look at how the clip goes on the linkage rod. I found mine to be easily adjustable and only had to do it once, now it's perfect and locks every time.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
the problem is the pivot in the bottom of the door wears out. It has so much slop that it absorbs the movement, so that no matter how far you adjust it either way, it will either stay locked (the disengaged position) or in the unlocked (engaged position)
Well, I guess everything can wear out, but it would be uncommon. Most only need minor adjustment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts