Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got done installing the NGK T6 plugs. #1 plug was tight when installing but i got it in. Fired the engine up and it was missing.....and i didnt get a check engine light. Removed the #1 NGK plug and replaced it with the stock plug...no miss...WIERD. So i left it as is and took it for a ride. All seems to be OK. What is going on...still have the tiny ticking noise. I didnt notice this before the plugs were changed...??? PLEASE HELP!!!!

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was reading on the regular trailblazer site and a guy had the same problem. He gaped the plugs like I did 35-38. He replaced the plugs without gapping them and the tick went away. Should I have not gapped my plugs? I also put a little anti sieze on the threads of the plugs. WHAT THE HELL!!!!:dunno:

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ANYONE???????? Im going to replace the plugs with new ngk's and not gap em tomarrow...it doesnt make sence.:dunno:

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nobody!!!???? I need help!

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
You should always check your gap on new plugs.

Are you shure its a tick? Could it be an arcing snap.

I know you are worried but chill out a little. Its Sunday and you have made 4 post in less than 2 hours.

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well took a ride to autozone to buy some MAF cleaner....no tick! FYI Do not follow the K/N oil proceedures. Clean an lightly oil...I clened my MAF sensor and it was dirty due to the oil in the filter. It even coated my CAI.

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
You should always check your gap on new plugs.

Are you shure its a tick? Could it be an arcing snap.

I know you are worried but chill out a little. Its Sunday and you have made 4 post in less than 2 hours.
Ummm...three posts last night, two today...but thanks. A tick on a daily driver would concern anyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts