Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have everything off and the rotors are stuck. The little lock washers are off, caliper brackets, and I have hit them w/ a hammer after a mallet.
Am I missing something guys? I have done countless brakes and engines so possibly they are stuck since they look original since I have 51K on the odometer. E-brake is not pulled, just rear of truck is on jackstands.
Ideas? Thanks(the caliper bracket bolts were a biotch since they haven't been removed and I wire wheeled them @ work since I blasted the brackets too)
Thanks, I hate this slowed down my weekend so it's a lunchbreak!

Drew

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,492 Posts
They seize to the axles. If you are replacing the rotors just keeping hitting the rotor with a hammer.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll keep @ w/ a hammer and give the E-brake a pull or two if maybe it's catching them.

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
hit them harder

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,492 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is what I did...then cracked a beer!
Came off after using that method. I guess you can't expect any less from this truck being in New England and now this vehicle is 1/2 mile away from the ocean @ my house. I may think ahead of some PM since I applied lots of anitseize on the studs there along w/ the flange there on the axle so this won't happen again on me :doh:
So atleast some of you were entertained!
Tonight repainting the calipers/brackets since the 1st owner just rattlecanned the crap out of things because I cleaned it off the arms and brake lines!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts