Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Brighton IL and just put a new PCM in and now I have a ses light. Does anyone living near me want to help me with this relearn?

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
Well the Crank Learn isnt going to do that. Go through the security learn again. This new module is for your truck and already tuned with your OS?

By the way it will run and drive without a crank learn.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did the security relearn on the new ecm that has a tune. Now I got a ses light but the truck seems to run better than it did stock. way better peddle response any way.

my searches on the subject suggested the crank relearn, but I cant do it so I'm asking for help

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Okay, you need to either go to your dealer and have them do it with a Tech 2 or have someone with HPTuners do it...

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
I dont think the security learn went right. Who did you buy the tuned ECM from? I would talk to them because I dont think doingt he crank learn is going to help the SES.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought the ECM here and I was told it was tuned by Fast for an overall stock 07 tbss with CAI.
I have an 07 awd ss with headlight mod and K&N. It should work I was told

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,043 Posts
sounds like you need the case relearn...u can do that with a dashawk or aeroforce gauge...might need to get the vin # reprogramed into it

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So can anyone near me help for a lil compensation. The local chevy dealer wants100 for any type of relearn

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
$100 is crazy. It takes them all of a few minutes to do. Your best bet is to drive around back of the shop and see if one of the techs will do it for some cash. I would help if I was close. Sorry chief.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
I have never seen a set of modules set a ses light because it needed a clearn. I have also ran modules in trucks with wrong vin and no issue. Have you talked to Brandon at Fast?

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
Sorry you guys are saying "ses" and I am thinking security lock indicator!

YEA clearn! Spend your money on a dashhawk instead of dealer. Used ones are all over the place.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts