Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all have a horrible under-dash vibration in my 07 rwd that only happens under load/acceleration around 1800-2000rpm. I have pin pointed the issue. It's the passenger side floor heat/ac duct that comes through the bottom kick panel. I have taken as much as I can apart, and put some half inch padding in between the plastics and fire wall to dampen the noise. This worked for about and hour then once I got on it, it started again! Been chasing this for a few months and it's driving me insane!! Any one else ever have this or a similar area-issue?Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Exactly what I was afraid of, no one having the same or similar issue, but ill bump it!

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Can you post a pic of what you've done and where think it's coming from.

There is a heat shield under the floor that may have broke around the bolt and the end of is loose now. That was my first guess

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spivitz

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't post pics on here for some reason, my iPhone junk won't let me but if you were to look under your dash on the passenger side under the glove box, theirs a plastic 'kick panel' that has 3 openings on the bottom left corner of it where the floor head and ac come out. I removed the kick panel and saw that it routes directly to the firewall. That pice is the cause of the vibration. I put the foam padding between it and the upper duct(that's on top of it) and between it and the fire wall. Still vibrates. But if you put as little pressure as the push of your finger, it goes right away.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
That's odd

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Is the fan causing it, like cracked case around the housing causing movement and vibration and whatever annoying sound you hear? Id suggest pulling it out, making sure its whkle and not missing any of the ribs which cause bad vibration. I can see how it would be easy for something to fall down or be put down a vent by a child take out a few ribs and make it shake. Just an idea.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing appears to be visually cracked broken or damaged and it makes the noise weather the fans running or not so I'm really not sure but thanks it may be worth looking into!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts