Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I need someone to take a picture of your trailer hitch. I have no room between my hitch and bumper. My moulded hitch cover won't go on? Here's mine, need to know if u have room between top of square part of
Hitch and ur bumper

·
Iam sofa king we todd did
tbss
1,145 Posts
I had the same problem then I just forced it...works good.

Oh ok I pushed up the plastic and pushed it on.

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really need a pic from the angle that mine is but from someone with the molded hitch cover in.

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't wait! Thanks man.

I sanded mine smooth and painted it and all and was so excited to put it on an it just wasn't right.....

And WTF is up with this? I haven't even had my boats out since i got the TBSS so never noticed, but my trailer wiring plug is up under the bumper, mounted in a crazy ass angle that makes it so I can't even plug in the adapter thing? Is yours like that too?

Any ideas?

·
tbss
1,145 Posts
The hitch cover will go on its a tight fit. I wanna see a pic of it painted, looks interesting.

Use a jack to bend the trailer plug do it faces down. So I have been told.

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paint looks horrible, I still have lots of sanding to do then clear, but it's black, not gray like in it's stock form.

And I don't think I'm comfortable trying to bend the bumper cover up so I can force/wedge this thing in there until I see another pic of one installed....

·
Bath Salt Powered
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
464 Posts
For what its worth - mine rubs the bumper cover too. I'd take a pic but its 18 degrees out... not going outside

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
364 Posts
The hitch wire harness comes OFF that mounting plate(or holder) and hangs freely down.

Nothing is getting plugged into the metal piece at the crazy angle, its used to store the trucks harness when not in use.

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The hitch wire harness comes OFF that mounting plate(or holder) and hangs freely down.

Nothing is getting plugged into the metal piece at the crazy angle, its used to store the trucks harness when not in use.
Ahhh, that makes more sense. Thanks

·
tbss
1,145 Posts

Thats sounds better.

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I still wanna see a pic of someone elses hitch with the moulded cover. Pretty please?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
its a snug fit but the fing thing souldnt come off.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
shitty pics and cant spell. lol:doh:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
stevinson chevrolet in golden colorado. last i heard they still had 2 left. they are proud of them though, but if you want one bad enough. spoke with aaron in parts. 303-279-3311 if you look under crate engine depot (vendor here) greg has made a list of dealers that have them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts