Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice now, low beam headlights have cut off while driving at night. I have noticed they also do not turn on sometimes during the day when I first start the truck. I always have the switch in the automatic position. If I turn the light switch to on, I get nothing, even after several tries. If I turn the switch from automatic to off and then back to automatic, the lights will turn on. I have tried switching the light relay with the fan relay and nothing. I have tried switching relays during the headlight off issue, while the light switch was in the on position, and nothing. Could this be an ignition switch issue? I know that is common but would it cause this issue? I an 2006 if that matters. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
HID? you just have to toggle them like you do. its just the HID kit

·
Registered
TBSS Black 2006
532 Posts
If they're hid and you have a harness, check the inline fuse on the power wire on that harness. I've had those fuses wiggle loose and have similar symptoms.

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
I have a similar problem the passenger side low beam is out high works and so does everything,, also when I have the fogs on and flash the high beam the fogs turn off for the time I flash the highs

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
584 Posts
I have a similar problem the passenger side low beam is out high works and so does everything,, also when I have the fogs on and flash the high beam the fogs turn off for the time I flash the highs
if im not mistaken when you flash or turn on your highs the fog lights shut off. :dunno: I think thats how they are factory. LOL

·
Registered
white 3SS
532 Posts
BUMP.....cuz i started havin the same problem and just lookin for an update on what to look for..i have HID's and the DRL killer for 3year now n no prob till resently. Anything found??

·
Registered
white 3SS
532 Posts
I just read up on another thread of a guy havin the same problem and he replaced the headlite relay under the hood 3months ago and hasnt had the problem yet. Looks like im changin the relay! :2cents:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
66 Posts
I had a passenger side light out and it turned out to be the harness itself. I got a new connector and soldered it in shrinked it and is all good now. I see a lot of TB's with one headlight out maybe it's not an isolated incident.....

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
82 Posts
I have had the same issue,lights where always turning off and back on. I changed relay #46 (lo beams) 35 bucs, that seemed to have fixed the problem for about 2 weeks, i continue to have problem. I can always garuntee the lights will go out while driving. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.