Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have headers with a catless Y pipe. I have ONLY a muffler. It is way to loud for my liking. What would be the best way to make it quite? I don't really want to spend 500 on a catback. I'm looking at removing the magnaflow muffler I have now and putting in a muffler to quite my truck down. What do guys recommend? I want to lose some noise.
*I have a cut-out if I want loud*

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly idk it was on my truck when I bought it. I just hate waking up the whole neighborhood when I start my truck

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Change to bigger muffler or maybe add a resonator

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of muffler? I need numbers

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,347 Posts
I've been thinking about getting the 12288 or 12388 for duals, or 12279 for single. Just dont know how loud it would be with resonator delete and no cats.

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
chase do us a favor and measure that puppy.
help us help you ;).

I know there's a magnaflow muffler the size of the stock muffler that should quiet it down. i'll look for it

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. It just obnoxious

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
364 Posts
I installed the 12259 and it sounds good with everything else stock, little deeper. It's approximate 6" shorter than the stock gigantic piece.

No sound clips but check here and youtube "12259" or "magnaflow 12259" and there's a few. With your headers it may do the trick.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,550 Posts
Buy my Magnaflow muffler! It will quiet it right down. I promise

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really ?? What about this kit Magnaflow Exhaust System Part Number:**16656*

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,550 Posts
Really ?? What about this kit Magnaflow Exhaust System Part Number:**16656*
If that's the kit they make for the SS than that is the muffler that I have. Sold:drive1:

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Drew. Do you have a res?

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
chase I wouldn't get the 16656... that's the entire catback. I'd just pay a fraction of the price and get a big muffler... but I've heard the 16656 is super tame.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I get back I'll be figuring something out

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Mangnaflow part number 14834. Race muffler with 4 inch tip. It will cut being loud in half, help hide the cam but has a deep throaty growl at WOT. It will go in place of you resanator in back.

performancepeddler.com has them listed for 131.00. They do take a best offer for them. When I got mine I offered 85.00 and they came back with 98.00.

·
Jigga Jake
TrailblazerSS
1,244 Posts
The problem is your lacking those two little things between your legs! Who fucking cares about your neighbors or neighborhood! You can have my stock cat back? Lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts