Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my gopro HD video camera and boy is it sweet. Problem is when I read works with xp Vista I was like no sweat got that....I failed to read the fine print.

System requirements
Xp with service pack 2 or later or Vista
3.2 GHz Pentium 4 or faster
Direct x 9.0c or later
1gb RAM
Video card 256 RAM minimum

Wifes computer which I thought would work apparently doesn't here is her specs.
Vista sp 2
Intel r core tm 2 duo CPU [email protected] GHz 2.20GHz
RAM 6mb
64 bit OS
And I have no idea where to find info on the video card and what is direct x?

So I would assume I'm a complete idiot and this laptop will not no way no how play my HD videos blah. What can I do? Thanks guys and gals.

Ma'am have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree? Exactly it will come down.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,200 Posts
You are fine

So I got my gopro HD video camera and boy is it sweet. Problem is when I read works with xp Vista I was like no sweat got that....I failed to read the fine print.

System requirements
Xp with service pack 2 or later or Vista
3.2 GHz Pentium 4 or faster
Direct x 9.0c or later
1gb RAM
Video card 256 RAM minimum

Wifes computer which I thought would work apparently doesn't here is her specs.
Vista sp 2
Intel r core tm 2 duo CPU [email protected] GHz 2.20GHz
RAM 6mb
64 bit OS
And I have no idea where to find info on the video card and what is direct x?

So I would assume I'm a complete idiot and this laptop will not no way no how play my HD videos blah. What can I do? Thanks guys and gals.

The core 2 duo is a later chip then the pentium 4. It is way faster. The 256GB Video ram is a very low requirement and even if you have an embeded video card it should have that covered. Just go ahead and use it you should be fine. One thing that may be a problem is that you are running a 64bit OS. This may be a problem as not everything will run in a 64 bit OS. Is something not working? Does the software for the camera not load?

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't get them to play using windows media player on this fricking thing. I go to drive f open it click a file open with asks how to open I say media player go to dcim open that and no videos when I know there are 4. I know this thing is not a blue ray player but does everything else do I need to convert mp4 format to something else. I plugged it into my plasma and whala video...I'm stumped. It said it was installing drivers then said completed.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Says file has extension not recognized by windows media player but may be able to play would I like media player to try...YES...then this pops up.... media player can't play player might not support file type or might not the codec that was used to compress file WTF

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
I don't use Vista much but i highly recommend you upgrade the computer to Windows 7. Compatibility is much higher with software than Vista.

I'll try to help you.

First I need to know your computer specs.

RAM - you mentioned 6MB which is too low
Video Card RAM -

Easy-button way to find this out.

To determine which version of Microsoft Direct X, Video RAM and Memory you are running:

On the taskbar at the bottom of your screen, click Start, and then click Run.
In the Run dialog box, type dxdiag

Click OK. If another dialog box open up, click "yes".

A dialog box displays the version that you are running.

The 1st page will display the Memory & DirectX version. Then click the "Display" tab for the video RAM. Its labeled as:

Approx. Total Memory: _______MB

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wants to say thanks again Tony for being a night owl and fixing this mess I had. I owe ya one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts