Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nemini Fide
Trailblazer 3SS
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that's what it's called, it's an orange speedometer type icon that lit up on my dash suddenly. I was cruising along and I just noticed this light. I've never seen it before and the manual says to check fluids. All my fluids are good, BUT I did notice my water temp gauge doesn't seem to move from 100.

I have an oil cooler, trans cooler and Efans...but I'm worried about overheating and not knowing it. And yes, my Efans are still working too...

Anyone know what this could be???

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
You should be pulling a p0116 code. Mine did that and wouldn't start back up. I cleared the coded and boom went away and fired up.. I'll b driven and it will come on and the gauge go to 0 and I'll clear it while I'm driving and boom it works again. I wish I could give a reason why but now u know how to do a temporary fix

·
Nemini Fide
Trailblazer 3SS
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be pulling a p0116 code. Mine did that and wouldn't start back up. I cleared the coded and boom went away and fired up.. I'll b driven and it will come on and the gauge go to 0 and I'll clear it while I'm driving and boom it works again. I wish I could give a reason why but now u know how to do a temporary fix
How do I clear a code??? And it runs/starts fine...so far at least

·
Nemini Fide
Trailblazer 3SS
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good news, light went off this morning and water temp gauge seems to be working again...I still want to get this checked out just in case.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
You use a aeroforce Gaige or dashhawk or obdII scanner and u can clear... From what I'm told it's a short somewhere

·
Nemini Fide
Trailblazer 3SS
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You use a aeroforce Gaige or dashhawk or obdII scanner and u can clear... From what I'm told it's a short somewhere
Ohhh, ok cool...I don't have a dashhawk but my friend has an OBDII scanner. Will it fuck up my tune?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts