Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive finally just acquired a black 07 TBSS in good condition seems to had been well taken care of but has 220,000 miles on the clock. Seems to run well but wants to almost over heat when sitting at red lights for too long . Is this a common occurrence? How long can a motor last if taken care of with routine maintenance? Is there any suggestions or advice to add to my to-do list?please anyone I would love your thoughts.

Thanks
-Mike from
nor Cal

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,722 Posts
Sounds like air bubble in the cooling system or your fan is not working correctly.

Get the oil pickup tube mod to prevent oil starvation

Monitor the rear bags for leaks

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
268 Posts
Yank the motor and rebuild it and swap in a 4L80. She will be as good as new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick replies much appreciated so Around How much are we talking on parts alone for a 4l80
. I've wanted a TBSS for quite some time now and I've never been so stoked. I don't have any problem throwing any/all expendable income I earn towards making/keeping her as reliable as possible but also turning up the h.p. and or shaving seconds off the 0-60

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
89 Posts
With that many miles I would do a coolant flush and make sure you get all the air out of the system. Make sure to also watch the passenger side floor board for a leaky heater core.

Do a head gasket test, if exhaust gases are getting into the coolant this can cause overheating as well. Check weap hole on the front of the water pump for a drip or leak, replace thermostat (160° since you're already in there).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS, Silverado SS
12 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! I can't comment further than a coolant flush and making sure fans run but I'd also chime in that I have a Silverado SS with 250k miles on it and the best thing I've done to it dollar for dollar to make it feel new(er) was suspension work. It really tightened up the handling in a big way. I didn't realize how loose it had become.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts