Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I just recently drove my brother's TBSS for a week and now i am hooked. I love the power and torque from it (it is stock). I have some ?'s regarding mods though. What ones should i do to make it more powerful and quicker shifting? I have seen and like the e-fans, CAI and re-tune. I believe these will he headlining the Red Tintcoat 07 I am eyeing. I will also be dropping it 1-2 inches all around and doing sways front to back. Have i missed anything and can you all point me in the right direction for pricing? Thank you all in advance and happy truckin.

mDisturbed

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
The tune, CAI, and efans will give you a nice bump in HP. There are various vendors here that can do all of the above. You might be local to some of them, depending on where you live at, etc.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Boston area. That is what is thinking, anyone have a specific vendors that have done well with in the past.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do expect to do some kinda tranny work. It will be a DD so nothing extreme but i wanna have it hold up.

·
Some PCM of NC bolton's
9,639 Posts
If you want it to hold up under abuse you'll get it worked on, the tranny is the week link esp. if you get a AWD like me

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it will AWD, as we get some snowfall here in Beantown.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the tune can I buy a "flasher" and do it or do I have to send it out? I will have my Altima still but once i get this i know i won't wanna get outta the Driver's Seat.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
I would not recommend the flashers. Get it from a real tuner. So either send them out, get a loaner set of cores or if its in your budget, buy a tuning program and get a tune from a company that will email you the file to upload.

PCMforless is on this site and offers the above services if you are looking for a tune that you dont have to send in.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
What did your(rrmcabe) mod setup run you if i can ask. Eventually i think it is everything i am looking for.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
What did your(rrmcabe) mod setup run you if i can ask. Eventually i think it is everything i am looking for.
Well dont go by my signature as I have not run with the Yank or LS7 TB. I dont expect the latter to do much if anything, but the Yank should knock off about 1/2. I am running mid 13's without those in decent air. I think 13.55 was my best run.

I forgot I "G-teched" a 13.4 once with only a couple mods in - DA air.

I think the average time for a AWD STOCK is about 14.1. You can expect a tune and CAI to cut between 3 and 5 tenths off.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Roughly you got a figure for monies spent not including labor and time obvisiously.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Roughly you got a figure for monies spent not including labor and time obvisiously.
To start off with, there is a lot of potentional for problems with mail order tunes. Or at least the 11 I have tried. This includes ADM, Westers(from tune time) and Vector.

This could be caused by your truck, available fuel or some wierd mod you have done. I think all mail order tunes should be logged. DashHawk, HPtuners, EFIlive, etc. This way you can give your tuner feedback if needed.

An issue with Vector and Westers is their tune is locked. So if you need a slight change made, you have to send the modules back and let them make the edits. With PCMforless and ADM if you have Hptuners/EfiLive they can read your logs, make changes and send you an adjusted file.

That said, if I was going to do it over again I would still buy HPtuners. And even though I have not used PCMforless, I would. I like what he has to say and appreciate his helpful attitude and how he wont trash other vendors. Hpptuners (basic version) is $499 and I think Alvin at PCMforless charges $150 for a e-mailed tune.

I have a Vector intake now, but the IEATSRT8 intake is a better design and functionally the same for less money. $246 plus $8.00 for optional seal. ADM has an awesome intake with a larger MAF. It requires special tuning and on a mild motor, I dont feel it has any gains over the IEATSRT8 or Vector. Its very cool.

HSRK kit. I wouldnt waste my money. The unit I bought from Vector does not work. I have scan logs comparing it to the stock IAT and it just doesnt help as advertised.

The E-fans I have are pricey as ADM was the first kit out. They are awesome, but you can buy a plug and play kit from PCMforless, Vector or Tune time now and use LS1 fans. You will have to ask for price, but its going to be a lot less than my ADM kit.

Ported and polished LS7 throttle body. There was just a group buy on these for $260 for the ported version. On a mild motor this is just bling bling. No gains as far as I am concerned.

Underdrive pulley with bolt, seal and belts was $300.

My Stall converter from Yank was $895.

Trans Cooler from PCMforless. This kit IS the best.$250. (must have for a stall)

Misc transmission parts including deep pan, servos and beefier internals was about $900

My current Vector tune runs great. No issues at all. But I had to send them my logs and send it back a couple times (the first being a ordering mistake on my part). Vector is known for delivery problems. For whatever reason they are always out of stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts