Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3SS TBSS
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I tried to pull off the hose that goes from the top of the water pump to the metal heater tube to "burp" the system after installing my 160* thermostat. The metal nipple that's on there snapped off when I barely tugged on it at all. Anybody know what the technical name is for this hose or where to buy it? Autozone or rock auto can't order it. Here are pictures of what I'm talking about.

·
Midgets with hammers
'06 TBSS AWD
15,999 Posts
Take it to a local welder and have him weld it back on. Less headache that way.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
5,661 Posts
I am not going to say it cant be done but I will say most welder are not going to try. that is a small tube that is real thin. :2cents:

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Solder it

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

·
Midgets with hammers
'06 TBSS AWD
15,999 Posts
Ok, make a new one out of thicker material.

·
Registered
3SS TBSS
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm goin to my fab shop this afternoon. Didn't know if there was a different name for it that autozone might could use to look it up though

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
I'm goin to my fab shop this afternoon. Didn't know if there was a different name for it that autozone might could use to look it up though
Why not do what maxspeed suggested ? You could then make it how you want and rout it differently to clean the hose routing up. It will prob cost you $10-$15 in parts from Auto Zone/Advanced Auto/Pep Boys. That would be the easiest way to do it.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
I ran rubber hoses and tapped the water pump for the steam vent.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 92tsiawdguy

·
Midgets with hammers
'06 TBSS AWD
15,999 Posts
That T fitting goes into the 3/4" (12AN) heater line. If he builds his own he will still need to source an aluminum T fitting that size. Or cut the stock T out and use it after its repaired.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
170 Posts
Why not just run a full length rubber hose from the firewall to the waterpump ( I forget if it's 5/8 or 3/4 ) and then just put a barb tee for the 1/4 hose

Will look cleaner too.
That's what I did looks way better. :yay2::yay2:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,086 Posts
I welded a an fitting on mine works well and looks much better.

·
Registered
3SS TBSS
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just a local shop weld it back on for now to get me up and running. When I get back home next week I'm installing efans and CIA and I plan to redo the whole heater system while I have it torn apart. Thanks for all the ideas guys

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,535 Posts
Bringing up an old thread. GM parts counter sells the heater hoses new for $89. Its all 4 sections as 1 unit, cant buy them individually. Just in case someone else stumbles upon this. No on makes these pipes aftermarket. And for me I like keeping everything stock looking.

Reactions: meandog06

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,535 Posts
Anyone got pics of what theirs looks like with regular hoses? Looks like my oem hoses are leaking. I think I may do this instead of buying expensive hoses if it looks good.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
BTW: Next time you want to burp the coolant, just loosen one of the cylinder head cross-over pipe bolts while it's running, then tighten it once all the air stops and coolant starts trickling out. Much easier, takes less than a minute.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Anyone got pics of what theirs looks like with regular hoses? Looks like my oem hoses are leaking. I think I may do this instead of buying expensive hoses if it looks good.
I will shortly. But I also drilled a 1/8 NPT port into my water pump so I could have clean hose running from the water pump to firewall.

Should tidy up that side of engine bay considerably.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
I will shortly. But I also drilled a 1/8 NPT port into my water pump so I could have clean hose running from the water pump to firewall.

Should tidy up that side of engine bay considerably.
Firewall?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts