Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rude,Crude,& Tatto'd
07' TBSS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one had to replace heater core yet? i have antifreeze smell when i turn on heater. how much will this cost me to replace?

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS 2wd
246 Posts
I had mine replaced,dealer had it 2 weeks ,they had to disassemble most of the dash and shifter area ,quite a job,luckly it was covered under warranty,wont be cheap good luck.

·
Registered
08 TBSS
19 Posts
Yikes...did one heater core job that required the dash to come out...hopefully I'll never have to do that again. I'm not sure it was worth the money savings (partially b/c I broke the $230 turn signal multi switch in the process).

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
The dash isn't that hard to take out, just takes time and beer. I think I had my whole dash and consol out in a couple hours.

·
Registered
08 TBSS
19 Posts
The dash isn't that hard to take out, just takes time and beer. I think I had my whole dash and consol out in a couple hours.
This is true...it isn't hard...it's just tedious and you have to be careful. I should add that I didn't do it on the TB, it was a past vehicle ('96 S-10) I had.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
What's the heater for. I didn't even know our trucks had a heater

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
What's the heater for. I didn't even know our trucks had a heater
:fu: Must be nice to live in florida.:biggrin2:

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
:fu: Must be nice to live in florida.:biggrin2:
It gets cold in Florida...it snowed a couple times last year but nothing like Michigan or Chicago

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
81 Posts
Has any one had to replace heater core yet? i have antifreeze smell when i turn on heater. how much will this cost me to replace?
Did replacing the heater core fix the coolant smell? I'm having the same issue

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
37 Posts
Yeah me too, I'm anticipating I will have to do this before winter.. :(

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
28 Posts
I just did mine, took about 1/2 the day.
Take some pics as you go and label the wiring for the mode doors,
you can leave the seats in and i left the column in. just dropped it onto the seat.. but it would have only been a connector and pinch bolt on the intermediate shaft to pull it out. Just make sure you don't spin it if you take it out or you will wreck the air bag coil...
Pull the console out, radio heater controls, glove box, ipc and take the dash pad off, then you can unhook all the wiring and pull the dash frame out.. you need to discharge the ac.. So maybe have a shop collect the freon so its will be cheaper for them to recharge it for you when you are done.There aren't any bolts from under the hood holding the heater box in.. Pull the accumulator right out of the way so you can disconnect the heater hoses easier..Any more questions just ask... Part is about $100 so defiantly worth the time for me to do it myself...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts