Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
TrailBlazerSS
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i accidentally fried one of the led's trying to figure out the polarity, so i ended up replacing them with blue.
I will get a shot when its in the truck this weekend.

I used 1206 smt LEDs, sucked ass to work with such a small LED and contact points.

This is a pic of the backside and then frontside of the board where the 3 stages of orange are for the heat levels.

·
Registered
TrailBlazerSS
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I wanted to share my update, i know in this thread
http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31097&page=11
they didnt want to tackle it because of the size. However i did this unwillingly because i accidentally fried one by testing the polarity without a resistor.

I was disappointed that there wasn't a more descriptive way to do the LED's/how to remove what it was that they were working on.
I know everyone has their own method, i just used regular iron and added a tad more solder to the contact points so the LED didnt fall through the hole.
any 1206 and i think the plcc2's will work. You do not need a resistor.

i have always been a fan of using clear silicone to surround my LED's, it acts as a glue and for those with audio, everything that rattles loose.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
Very Cool. I Would Have Done Red, Yellow And Green For High, Med And Low. But That's Just Me.

·
Registered
TrailBlazerSS
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did think about that.... I do have my reverse red, and neutral white on my cluster.... I second guessed it for the seat buttons, i thought it might be too much going on...? I would love to see it done though.

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
I want pink ones! :)

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Did you sand the ends to avoid hot spots? I so wanted to do my truck in red but maybe the next ride will get this mod.

·
Registered
TrailBlazerSS
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want pink ones! :)
lol thats what my gf said... but i wont touch pontiacs.
Did you sand the ends to avoid hot spots? I so wanted to do my truck in red but maybe the next ride will get this mod.
the SMT's are flat. and the 3 levels are divided and spread with the clear plastic so there are no hotspots.

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Looks good, when I did my conversion thats the only thing I didn't do was the stages for the heated seats.

·
Registered
TrailBlazerSS
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys. will post pics up of drivers side when i get the rest of my order in.

·
Registered
'09 TBSS AWD
34 Posts
I wanted to share my update, i know in this thread
http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31097&page=11
they didnt want to tackle it because of the size. However i did this unwillingly because i accidentally fried one by testing the polarity without a resistor.

I was disappointed that there wasn't a more descriptive way to do the LED's/how to remove what it was that they were working on.
I know everyone has their own method, i just used regular iron and added a tad more solder to the contact points so the LED didnt fall through the hole.
any 1206 and i think the plcc2's will work. You do not need a resistor.

i have always been a fan of using clear silicone to surround my LED's, it acts as a glue and for those with audio, everything that rattles loose.
Looks awesome. Looking forward to driver side

1 - 15 of 15 Posts