Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to add some headrest dvd's to the TBSS, but the prices are crazy! I was looking at the invision system with screens and dvd players in each headrest, but that is like $1,800.

So I turned to ebay and see all these universal fitting headrests with the screens and dvd players in each for around $200-$350. My question is how do I do it??....never installed anything like this and need any help available. A

Anyone done this yet?

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
79 Posts
I just got a set of the GM ones on ebay for 1100 shipped. look around, you will find them. They haven't come in yet, but I will post when they do.
here is a pic:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,858 Posts
I just got a set of the GM ones on ebay for 1100 shipped. look around, you will find them. They haven't come in yet, but I will post when they do.
here is a pic:

that's pretty cool. those headrests just pop right in the tbss. how hard is the wiring do you think?

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
79 Posts
it is all plug and play from what I understand. it doesnt go into the RSE function of the nav system, but it does have a wireles fm modulator, which i wont use, i have the nucleus ipod adapter and it has aux inputs on it.

Cool thing about it is, you can run both screens from one DVD, or watch 2 seperate dvds. also, they have RCA's right on the front of the screen you can plug anything in and go.

the fit and finish is amazing, I saw a set at the dealer. Much nicer than the vizualogic ones I was gonna go with.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
79 Posts
I don't have them yet, but I will let you know. they will go into any radio, it is just RCA's coming out of it.

I just paid for them yesterday, so I am sure I will have them some time this week.

·
Registered
306 Posts
GM ones do not have rcas, unless they are changed for 08. They are FM mod only as far as I know. Of course, they have headphones also that aosl work on a 2 channel fm transmitter setup.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
79 Posts
well that is gonna really piss me off if they don't have RCA's. this guy specifically told me they did.

how does it hook into the fm mod? it is a 2 channel fm mod? headphones aren't infrared? that is cool. can the Fm Mod be hardwired thru the antenna?

thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts
Headphones are infrared channel a and b and the box where the screens plug into is the fm transmitter. MAKE SURE YOU DO COLOR TO COLOR on the harnesses. blue to blue....white to white....etc....

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS 2wd
2,803 Posts
Hey guys, I have the Envision set with one player and two screens. It cost me 1400 at the dealer that included install. The whole system is completely removable and the only cable I can see is the power which runs down through the seat and plugs into the back DC Port. It works great, the kids love it.

·
Registered
08 TRAILBALZER SS
772 Posts
I know the ones I just had put do have the RCA jacks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
that would be awesome if they are updated...the next question is...are they inputs for playstation, etc....or outputs for something else????

·
Registered
08 TRAILBALZER SS
772 Posts
They are inputs

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
79 Posts
I know the ones I am getting have the player in each, they also have inputs in each, right on the screen. not sure if there are inputs with all the wires or not also, but what I am really looking for is RCA audio outputs with the wiring. So I can wire the headrests up to the Nucleus Aux In connection on the iPod box.

I will just have to wait for them to come in I suppose.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I got 6 7" Directed Video Monitors installed for 1400

·
Registered
306 Posts
Oh yeah, they always have had the input jacks on the headrest monitors......duh!

Still doesn't help the original problem of this thread.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
79 Posts
where would you even put 6 screens? I have a buddy with 14 in an excursion, but I always thought that was just ridiculous. lol

the headrests are pretty easy to install in my experience, i have put them in a number of times on different cars for friends, etc...

Some cars you have to remove the seats but that is about the worst of it

1 - 20 of 28 Posts