Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my headlight assemblies and put in halogen bulbs and noticed the passenger side projecting a weird pattern. Driver side was fine. I have since purchased a new set of assemblies and put in LEDs and same thing. I noticed the the socket on the passenger side assembly low beam is crooked. The sockets for the driver side high & low beams are fine, the high beam for the passenger is fine as well - just the low beam passenger side. I am including a pic of the assembly. I got them on Amazon, Evan-Fischer assemblies.

Anyone else run into this? Is there a fix? I did try to adjust the bulb so that it sits the same way as the other bulbs, and it helps, but still not good enough. Do I need to go through a dealership or GM Parts Direct?

Any/all help appreciated!

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,440 Posts
Passenger side is off on how the slots for twisting the bulbs in compared to the driver side. Our headlamps need the leds facing left and right to shine on the road best. You can trim the one wide tab on the bulb down to like the small one so you can start it in a diff position or remove the 3 screws holding the metal collar with the slots and then rotate if 1/3 so you get the Leds colser to facing left and right. Right now they are prob up and down?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I managed to seat the LED in the same position as the other bulbs, with the connection in the back of the bulb facing downward. I noticed the LEDs in the other three bulbs were on the left and right, so wanted to make sure this last one was the same. I am attaching a pic of the patterns that the low beams and high beams make. You can see the passenger low beam pattern is a little different - the way the bulb seats is not firmly secure like the high beam or the bulbs in the driver side assembly.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After thinking about your suggestions, I'm going to try this: I removed the metal collar and positioned it on the socket so that the collar is in the same position as the others. I marked the spots where I will drill holes (or cutouts really) and then place the collar back on and secure it with the screws. Then reinstall the LED and see what it looks like. I'll update this post once complete with the outcome.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First pic is after a couple of tries cutting out / drilling holes in the low beam collar so it can be placed in the same position as the high beam collar
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Camera lens

Next up, positioned the LED and pressed down a bit on the collar all the way around so that the low beam fit tight like the high beam (the way the collar was originally placed,
I could get the LED in but it wiggled a bit.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Personal luxury car

Lastly, put everything back together and hit the switch
Automotive lighting Wood Rectangle Automotive exterior Floor

Pretty straight across and the pattern of the bulbs are a little closer to the same (see my other pic from earlier) - it is harder to tell in this pic as the sun was almost down! I think that's about as good as I could get it. I am talking with a service manager at a local Chevy dealership and he did say that he found that most of the aftermarket assemblies had this problem. He is getting me an OEM assembly so we shall see!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts