Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 awd black
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
unless i missed it i am surprised that know one did a install pic's on headers from start to finish. if it is already in here can someone redirect me.
thanks.

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
That's b/c it's a biatch to do. Once you get started, you don't feel like stopping to take pictures....

It's not hard, especially with the trans out...did mine with the converter swap....but I heard its a little more difficult with the trans in place.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD Modded
13,311 Posts
Just read what the Kooks instructions are and you wont go near them!
Me---I am a glutton for punishment!

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD Modded
13,311 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
now on the ss in gmdealerworld all it says to do is take manifold out.. dont say anything about unpluggin or anything else.. or will you have to move a lot of shit gettin the headers in?

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD Modded
13,311 Posts
now on the ss in gmdealerworld all it says to do is take manifold out.. dont say anything about unpluggin or anything else.. or will you have to move a lot of shit gettin the headers in?
On my AWD you need to unbolt crossmember, move gearbox and trans---all kinds of fun! One side goes up through the bottom and one from up top!
Not to bad in the long run, just figure 6-10 hrs and all will be ok!

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
On my AWD you need to unbolt crossmember, move gearbox and trans---all kinds of fun! One side goes up through the bottom and one from up top!
Not to bad in the long run, just figure 6-10 hrs and all will be ok!
Both of mine went in from the bottom....2WD. And yes, the crossmember comes out, o2's unplugged, and mine had the tranny out and it was still hard to work the passenger side in.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Both of mine went in from the bottom....2WD. And yes, the crossmember comes out, o2's unplugged, and mine had the tranny out and it was still hard to work the passenger side in.
I think that is why I'm not going to coat mine...why screw up the extra $150 bucks. I want to be able to cram them in without cringing and worrying about the coating.

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
Coat them anyways...it will get scratched, but I can't even begin to imagine the heat from uncoated headers....it's superhot even with my coated headers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts