Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have the money to spare yet, but when I can gather up over a grand for the truck, do you think it'd be better to get:
SW/Kooks headers w/ cats - I figure with install it can run about $1500 or so?

or

Get lowered - I figure with putting in rear shocks/springs and either the struts or coilovers for the front it can run me about the same as the headers. Not to mention those damned a-arms....

SO my question to you is what do you think I'll appreciate more. And don't tell me to just adjust airbags and put in struts and call it a day cause if I'm messing with my suspension I want it to ride equally as nice or better than stock.

·
Banned
Supercharged TBSS
1,940 Posts
depends. u want show or Go.. if Show get the suspen if u want the Go go with headers. dont get cats there weak :) im running open headers.. sounds like a mack truck coming to at you.

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
CT: we get smog every year, or every other yr idk... but still since I'm getting the corsa sport later this year, that with headers with no cats would be too loud imo, so i figured cats could keep it a LITTLE tame hahaha.

But for the headers... I mean is it really a noticeable difference? I've heard people say that it's not worth the money, and others say they're worth it

L

·
0 Posts
Do the headers.....I got a brand new set of Kooks 1 7/8's for sale and you'd still have $800 left over, even after shipping!!

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha Mark your thread is what got me thinking... but I don't have the cabbage at the moment... I'm talking down the road meaning like 2011 hahaha

And now that I'm not a potential customer, is your opinion still to go with headers? :p

L

·
0 Posts
Damn it Jim.........Ah hell, thought I would give it a try! But if you are looking at making her fast, headers will be way better for long term goals! Get her fast then play with the asthetics mods!

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Headers are appealing, and to be honest I'm not really that pumped about lowering the truck... I like the stock height, call me crazy

And I'm 32" front 33" rear soo I mean I wouldn't drop it more than an inch anyway...

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Head-ers!!

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,399 Posts
up to you but you can do
front upper a arms
front/rear belltech kit with shocks

total is 825 and will ride better especailly in rear.

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah... I don't know I think I may go with the headers... but shit can change over the course of a year, quite a bit!!

Do you guys think lt's with the corsa sport would be too ridiculously loud...

·
Premium Member
06' AWD TBSS
1,364 Posts
It is loud, but if it is what you are going for, it sounds great! I get heads turning all the time. With a 3600stall converter, the thing really opens up when you step on it!

L

·
0 Posts
Ryan when ya open the exhaust up, it's gonna be loud regardless. Had the Corsa Sport and to me sounded great. If the Cops ain't bustin your balls about it, your good!

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
True... If CORSA would be cooperative and sell the touring and sport mufflers that'd make it so much easier... If I could just buy one catback, and be able to swap mufflers out that would be legit.

LOL, I had a brief conversation with some CORSA rep about making a dual-exit catback... and he was really having none of it hahaha

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Ever notice how many people tear up their truck/parts..and then have it down for quite some time. Can you name one of these instances where a good suspension was the cause? Almost nil, other than maybe a day at most. Now, how many can you name that have lost engines, transmissions, etc....

The vast majority of people here are far too interested in going fast, rather than building it right (something that will last). Sure, go fast, faster, fastest...in the ticking time bomb. This is exactly why my engine has not been torn apart yet (for anything) and why I pulled a like new working transmission to replace it with a built one.

I am more concerned with building the foundation that will hold all the power that will be coming.

·
Slow Ass Tbss
TrailblazerSS
2,834 Posts
I would say suspension would be way more important than the 10+ hp you get from headers. A nice KW kit with a set of sways and good tires will make your truck ride and handle considerably better.

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
Drop it first. Do you have planned what you would like to add in addition to the headers? They will have to be tuned in won't they? So, it's not just a Grand for the headers, you have to think also in terms of what you need in addition to...the labor, the tune, any parts that u wanna throw on at that point since it will be torn apart...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts