Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like it says. I just put my tuned ecm/tcm in and now my headers glow. I just repined the ls7 maf. Could i have done that wrong, It revs up fine. It also idles at like 900rpm.

Video down below

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Must be dumping fuel.

Only time I've had the beautiful glow was a supercharged truck on dyno and breaking in my cam.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wanna See Video proof.....Sounds cool as shit even though I know its not good.
Not a little a lot these think are bright orange. It sounds like the injectors are clicking a lot more. If i unplug the maf nothing changes.

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
:iamwithstupid:
Dosent sound good.. but interested what it looks like..

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
Doesnt show up too good in oics ive taken pics of glowing logs on a turbo truck...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,381 Posts
This happened to me after cam install...
This is what Alvin told me bout mine.....The idle is too high so it is pulling timing trying to get the idle down. That lack of timing is causing afterburning and high EGT temps.

Reactions: meanSS

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This happened to me after cam install...
This is what Alvin told me bout mine.....The idle is too high so it is pulling timing trying to get the idle down. That lack of timing is causing afterburning and high EGT temps.

Did Alvin tune yours also?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,381 Posts
Yes

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,381 Posts
I just sent my computers back to him and let him fix it. I need to make the trip over to them for a dyno tune just to make sure everything is fine.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Not good. That can't be good for the plug wires:dunno:

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
They said I would have to find some one with an HP tuner to do logs on it, because it could be a sensor or something. I wish they would of said we cant get a close enough tune so I could of saved my money. The thing isn't drive able. Ive got all the windows out and no interior but a dash. I just got tired of changing plugs with stock tune and bigger injectors.
It seamed like i was changing plugs every other week from me pulling it in and out of the garage.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Cool Glow. How can I make mine do that.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alvin. Because I have a car intake and my heads aren't milled down. He said It could also be an intake leak. I'm going to pull it off hear after dinner just to rule that out. Who tuned yours? I don't know of a lot around here other than cincy speed.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts