Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I was wondering if kooks headers and catted Y pipe would bolt up to the stock cat back and if there would be any issues with running those two together? Also are the headers going to cause me emissions issues I live in AZ? Thanks

Ian

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well do headers cause emissions issues in general or are they good if tuned for?

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Long tube headers are not emissions legal in any state because they move the stock location of the catalytic converters.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
Long tube headers are not emissions legal in any state because they move the stock location of the catalytic converters.
Not true, there are dealerships that install long tubeAss but also use factory or better cats. As long as the factory bungs are in there with o2 sensors you will be ok.. Even with offroad y youbwould if back o2's get turned off

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Hey all, I was wondering if kooks headers and catted Y pipe would bolt up to the stock cat back and if there would be any issues with running those two together? Also are the headers going to cause me emissions issues I live in AZ? Thanks

Ian
That is the setup I have right now and it sounds great.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AZ doesnt have a sniffer so looks like I will be good

That is the setup I have right now and it sounds great.
how is the loud is it? I had a colorado with header and catback and it was way loud and annoying so i am trying keep things relatively quiet.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Hopefully Brian does.

I only have headers, no muff clips then same setup plus Cam... so it's loud and obnoxious.

·
Registered
2006 TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
I have the Pacesetter LT's and catless mid. After I tuned out the rear o2's I passed the AZ test no problem. I love the sound with the oem exhaust.:)

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
was thinking of doing the same setup. Hoping it would be quiet under normal driving but louder when you get on it. Anyone have a sound clip?
I have a sound clip of my tbss idling in the video section called my new 402, it doesn't have a resonator.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
219 Posts
thanks for the clip, sounds good. idle doesnt sound too loud, but the revs were. so for the guys who have or have had the lt's, y pipe w/ cats and stock exhaust during regular driving was it a lot louder?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
219 Posts
I expect it to get louder, just dont know how loud a change like that would be. These cars have a lot of road noise so it could be more then I'd like. This is my dd and the mustang is hell to drive if you want to relax and have a conversation. Was just looking for some personal opinions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.