Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of XS Power headers I'll be installing soon in my AWD, and have a question. Along with the headers I also have a PCM modified Oil pickup tube and just ordered modded A-arms along with drop struts. Is there any advantage/disadvantages installing the headers while I'm doing the Oil Pick/Drop? Or will it just be a b!tch installing the headers in a AWD no matter what. I figure doing the Oil pick and drop at the same time will save me some time in the long run but was thinking with some extra room while doing that the headers may be a little easier.

·
omartbss
TrailblazerSS
24 Posts
I would do the tube first I did the pickup tube on my awd and it really wasn't as bad as they say headers are very complicated on these so I would leave that last once you have everything you want on it I would go for it hope it helps

·
Midgets with hammers
'06 TBSS AWD
15,999 Posts
I would put your truck on jackstands, remove wheels, struts, a arms. Then remove y pipe and manifolds. This should give you more room to unbolt the diff and carrier to do the pan. Reassemble the diff and carrier when done with the pan and unbolt motor mounts and trans mount to jack up motor for the headers. When you're done with the headers, reinstall motor mounts and install new struts and a arms. You'll also save yourself some time if you grind out/cut out/bend the tab on the fender well just in front of the fwd bolt on the driver's side a arm bolt.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
...would be a good time to swap motor mounts and change the starter. I wish I thought this out a little more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts