Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I know this has been covered LOTS of times but I would like to get some opinions, suggestions, and maybe some personal experiences.

I am looking at getting some heads and an intake. My current mods are vector cam, rpm lvl 6, efans, headers, yank 3600, corsa, cai intake, and tune of course.

I have been looking at the AFR 215's and the AFR 230's. I havent seen to much on guys running the 230's in a TBSS. It has also been suggested to me to look at MAST heads. Anyone have any experince with these heads?

Now the intake. I understand that the FAST is expensive and in an N/A car it may not show many gains and that a ported intake may show me similiar gains. Is anyone running the FAST with a good head/cam combo? Do you think it was worth going with the FAST instead of the ported stock intake.

I plan on keeping the TBSS all motor. Just want to get a little more out of her.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
Both the AFR heads and the MAST heads are real nice pieces. The 230 is the new version of the 225. I would recommend the AFR 215s to go with your Vector cam which was most likely spec'd for stock 243s on a stock bottom end. As for the intake, I would go with a ported stock intake unless you have the coin to spend on a FAST (which requires modification to fit). I would also look into a 4" FWI to complement the setup if you are currently running a stock box style CAI.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
What about ported 243's? How much are you trying to get, realistically, and what is your budget?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanna get as much as I possibly can out of a head/intake package with it still pretty much being a daily driver. Couple tenths would be nice.

I have saved up and the budget isnt a problem. I always save so I can do things right the first time and not cut corners and have to do it again.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
I wanna get as much as I possibly can out of a head/intake package with it still pretty much being a daily driver. Couple tenths would be nice.

I have saved up and the budget isnt a problem. I always save so I can do things right the first time and not cut corners and have to do it again.
Go with AFR 215s and a stock ported intake along with a 4" FWI using a LS7 MAF.

·
Premium Member
2006 2wd TBSS
1,538 Posts
The AFR 215's are solid! They should go well with what you have all ready Scott.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts