Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife and I go up to Mercer Wi. every year for her birthday and snowmobile. I spent the last 3 weeks and $1200 prepping our sleds for a fun time. We went out last night and rode around town for an hour. Kind of a test run to see how they were running...bc I did a radiator delete on her 06 SB and wanted make sure there was no cooling issues. All was good. We got a late start today but all was good no rushing ya know?

Well we get fueled up and start heading north to Hurley Wi. We get about 15 min out of town when my wife in the lead blows through an unmarked turn and continues straight on a closed run off trail. Mind you this turn and run off is on the other side of a crest. Well she goes to the right side of the trail and immediately proceeds to make a left hand u turn. We always space ourselves far apart. But at 60 mph I come over the crest..see her turning around. I can't go left or right so I choose the lesser of two evils and aim at her rear end...and tbone her.

Thank god I miss where she is sitting. I hit her right behind her ass. Long and short we seem to be ok bumps bruises etc.....but the tunnel of her '06 SB is totaled and my '10 front end is completely smashed totaled destroyed. Did I mention that I just put $1200 into picks carbides new jets oil new front grab bar radiator delete kit etc.

I know I know at least we are ok..... Murphy strikes me again. My season hadn't even started and it is over in 15 minutes. Sorry had to vent. Here is a couple of pics cuz I know we all love to see carnage. More will follow when I get back to Il.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys n gals. Ya I know just blows donkey d*?!k. Like Steve Austin the bionic man....we can rebuild them fast stronger smarter...and a roll cage directionals and airbags.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isn't it funny how wives give you attitude....she is treating me like it is my fault. Fuck me! Red Bull Vodka please! Got a feeling they are gonna total her sled and give me book on it...bye bye all the mods I just did for her bday. God feels like Murphy had steel toe boots on for this kick in the Dick!

·
Iam sofa king we todd did
tbss
1,145 Posts
This sucks to hear, glad nothing worse happened to you or your wife!

Shit happens don't beat yourself up over it.:doh:

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks jimmer.. it would be cool of she wasn't treating me like the assssssssshole....cheers...and another rbv....brapppppp

·
Iam sofa king we todd did
tbss
1,145 Posts
That sucks that she is that upset with you, its not like you did on purpose!!!

She'll get over it...

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Range...hmmm sounds Good but first I have to cool off second get back home.....deep breath...thanks everyone you are great understanding compassionate friends another rbv.....pleeeeease.

·
Registered
Black '06 2WD
172 Posts
Well if she wouldn't have missed the turn!! Lol jk

Sucks about the sleds man. Be glad you didn't actually hit her. She would be a lot more pissed than she is now!

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh ya I have insurance!! Just talked to my guys at the shop. It doesn't look good. He is pretty sure they will be totaled. Her tunnel and suspension is shot...my bulkhead is smashed to bits among various other things. Ya it is a good thing she didn't get hit and it was just sled to sled. Well now its just a waiting game. Gotta feeling with what they are worth...and what I owe on mine that I will be taking it in the ass.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would for sure. We really are responsible when we ride. This was just a WTF situation. Trail change with no markers or updated map. My wife should have known better and just pulled over. Oh well definitely get insurance...wifes sled which is paid for trade in is $2600...my '10 trade in is $4135...retail about $6000. I'm not gonna recoup anything outta this mess and probably will still have to pay off a G on mine. Anybody wanna buy some BN sled gear..hmk boots Arctiva jacket and bibs fox v2 mx style helmet. I will be taking some aftermarket stuff off the sleds too before they take them. Ryde fx shocks windscreen good set of carbs rejetted skinz industries front grab bar. Slp radiator delete kit carbides to name some stuff.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Open water is easy and if it sinks hard part is getting it out lol. I wonder if I should just buy them back and part them out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts