Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Yes people have. but it's only 1.5" and 2" in the rear. IMO that's not a lot of drop forctge rear

·
Premium Member
2006 TrailblazerSS
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many inches does everyone else drop theirs then? I mean this kit comes with ALOT, it seems like a steal if you ask me. I don't see how you could go wrong... but then again I :dunno:

·
Registered
'06 TrailblazerSS
926 Posts
The only thing I would be worried about is an front end alinment... nice cheaper option though...

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Summit sells good stuff and it all depends on if you think it is worth the money for that much drop. Also have to consider if the ride will equal the DJM/Belltech stuff.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Spindles in front and springs in back. It'd be cheaper and probably ride better to get the belltech kit from the Tbss store and you'd have new shocks at the same time.

McGaugheys or whatever is a well known company though its not summit branded parts like it seems people are implying here lol.

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
That is a pair of springs for the front. That's it.

The photo is misleading.

For the back you still be adjusting the bags, per the instructions that come with the"kit", and you'll hate the ride.

Get the belltechs and be happy :)

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
That is a pair of springs for the front. That's it.

The photo is misleading.

For the back you still be adjusting the bags, per the instructions that come with the"kit", and you'll hate the ride.
^That. Our trucks dont have U bolts :rofl:

Put a heavier spring in the truck on a stock strut.....and then let us know how you like the lumber wagon'esque ride.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
there is a reason i dont sell mcgaughys springs because ride quality is not as good as belltechs at all. You can read the feedback on our site.

the tbss springs in front by far are the best riding esp when you lower using the front drop struts.

in rear the belltech shock/spring combo rides great which many here comment on.

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
there is a reason i dont sell mcgaughys springs because ride quality is not as good as belltechs at all. You can read the feedback on our site.

the tbss springs in front by far are the best riding esp when you lower using the front drop struts.

Agree 1200%!

Beltech did it right with this setup!

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts

well so far so good with mine no real bad issues to report as of yet been riding them for months now plus I got them used for a good price so that's why I picked them, but I still want my Kbees and DJM A-arms

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
This kit is for springs only! I do not recommend lowering the front via springs or you will suffer with poor ride quality. If you want to lower the front, use lowering struts or lowering strut arms.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.