Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone heard of Megasquirt? This is DIY tuning and my buddy says this tuning will tune our vehicles. Is this true? If so, what are the advantages/disadvantages? Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind...

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Yes it will but why? The stock computer is more the capable of handling the needs of 99% of people on this board.
^^This
I don't understand. I'm taking about using Megasquirt instead of HP Tuners or EFI Live. I was wondering the differences?
This difference is, most vehicles using MegaSquirt dont have the Factory capability to flash and change the full spectrum of ECU programming we can on our vehicles. There is no benefeit to MS on a GM vehicle. Well of course unless you like hacking into your factory wiring harnes, putting together or buying a MS setup which will end up costing you as much or more than HPT and still not having the capabilities of full access programming like we have on ours, then by all means, Buy it for the benefeits.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
tbss. duh.
836 Posts
I don't understand. I'm taking about using Megasquirt instead of HP Tuners or EFI Live. I was wondering the differences?
you need to look at what megasquirt actually is, its a standalone EFI system. it would be silly to convert over to that. maybe if you're running a carb'ed sbc and you want to run efi then sure its an option

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
you need to look at what megasquirt actually is, its a standalone EFI system. it would be silly to convert over to that. maybe if you're running a carb'ed sbc and you want to run efi then sure its an option
True.

I have been looking into using Megasquirt for six years, and it's pretty cool, but definitely NOT for a GM Gen III/IV, since there's no reason to do it.

Like others said, it's ideal for converting non-efi cars to efi, and I have all but the wiring harness and ECU to convert my Pontiac, but I am considering selling my selling the car (I want a 6L90 and maggie).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts