Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Harsh 1-2 Shift at Half Throttle to WOT

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lilaaron233333 
#1 ·
Harsh 1-2 Shift at Half Throttle and WOT

Test drove a 2wd TBSS yesterday that was in seemingly outstanding condition. Ran great, felt tight and extremely fast for a stock truck - The only thing that I didn't like was how the transmission shifted from 1st to 2nd. I read through the sticky about transmission failure warning signs and it sounds like this could be a bit of a red flag, but I wanted to provide some further details about my exact experience and get some opinions.

When I first started driving, the shift from 1st to 2nd and part throttle (maybe 2/3rds) resulted in a slightly delayed and pretty hard shift. However, when leaving from a stop at light throttle (say 1/4) the shift felt normal and smooth. Then, at WOT, it went to 6k RPM before shifting (without lifting off) and the shift felt pretty hard again, but not necessarily unlike it should, in my mind, at WOT. Everything else, shifting out of park, 2-3, 3-4, downshifts, etc. seemed totally normal. Just that 1-2 shift at part throttle really caught me off guard, and it did every time.

You opinions on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, in advance.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Just realized I accidentally put this in the 4L80E section. Meant for it to go int the 4L70E section. Sorry about that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.