Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rolling near up to intersection today about 1/4 throttle and dipped in to it increasing to about 3/4 throttle in 3rd, (I never use D when not on highway and under 60) and I experienced the biggest slip ever, She shot up to about 4K or 4500RPMS with no acceleration. I lifted pretty fast, I knew what was occurring. DH was displaying Trans temp at 190,ECT at 179 and it was about mid 90's ambient temp. today. I'm kind of frustrated. No time to screw with this before I deploy. Guess i'll pull it for a re-fresh once I get back. and add a trans cooler.

Not much I can do now, just baby it until she goes in to storage soon and thats that. These damn 4L70's are really starting to piss me off. I hardly beat on her either. I put my shitty Dodge trans through more paces then this and my stocker has experienced. And I'm not going to an 80E. I'm not interested in loosing any power, I don't make enough HP for that trans.

Just going to do minor maint. until I store her. Clean MAF, throttle body, adding fuel stabil and call it a day.

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Alvins cooler would be a good investment.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alvins cooler would be a good investment.
Thanks Wade, thats the game plan with a fan, down the road. No time right now, moving shit out this whole week and showing the place on Tuesday. Then I'm off shortly after.

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Be safe man!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.