Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple Questions,

Is there a handheld tuner out there that u can use on an 06 & 07 SS, Where they can share the same tuner, and tune both SS's, Because i have an 07, and my friend has an 06..

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^i was reading up on HPtuners, and u can tune both SS's, but im not understanding there credit system...any 1 care to explain more on that

·
Premium Member
06 Trailblazer SS
2,157 Posts
Hptuner, u tune ur truck the way u want with SEVERAL different variables. Handheld u enter yes or no and raise shift points thats about it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
^^i was reading up on HPtuners, and u can tune both SS's, but im not understanding there credit system...any 1 care to explain more on that
With HP tuners you have to use credits to read the vehicle which is two credits then you can change whatever you like and flash it to your pcm. Hp tuners comes with 8 credits so you can easily tune both vehicles. Go to HP tuners website Im sure they can explain it a lot better over there. There is also a wealth of info in the forums and sticky's.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
I have the Superchips beta handheld for 2007, it works very well but the default performance settings put me into rev limiter on 2-3 shift at about 87 MPH, so I bumped it down, along with the 1-2 shift pressure, which was set to 20 PSI over stock. I set 1-2 at 12 over and 2-3 at 16 over but I may want to go down a little over that.

It should be out soon once they finish up the code for advanced data acquisition on the 2007.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
The credits on HP Tuners lets you do basically 4 LS series vehicles from the 8 credits it comes with.

You can use some credits for advanced custom OS's such as bar1/2 and variants for speed density with huge cams and such as well.

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Couple Questions,

Is there a handheld tuner out there that u can use on an 06 & 07 SS, Where they can share the same tuner, and tune both SS's, Because i have an 07, and my friend has an 06..
If you guys can use HPT your better off! If you split it your looking at around $250 each! Thats cheep!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A downloader (Superchips) will up the timing a little bit and allow you to change shift points within Superchip's set parameters. Its basically a fail safe if you do not know how to tune so you cant fuck anything up.
HP Tuners will allow you to change just about everything on your vehicle, and will net you more power if you know what you are doing, but it is very easy to fuck something up if you dont know what you are doing.
The TBSS's eat up 4 credits, but like everyone said, when you buy it you get 8 free credits. Normal F-Bodys and some Vettes only take 2 credits.
HP Tuners has a list of how many credits need to be used per vehicle. I think if you purchase 12 credits, you can do an unlimited amount of TBSS's per year, so basically 24 credits will allow you to tune however many 06 and 07 TBSS's you want

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
A downloader (Superchips) will up the timing a little bit and allow you to change shift points within Superchip's set parameters. Its basically a fail safe if you do not know how to tune so you cant fuck anything up.
HP Tuners will allow you to change just about everything on your vehicle, and will net you more power if you know what you are doing, but it is very easy to fuck something up if you dont know what you are doing.
The TBSS's eat up 4 credits, but like everyone said, when you buy it you get 8 free credits. Normal F-Bodys and some Vettes only take 2 credits.
HP Tuners has a list of how many credits need to be used per vehicle. I think if you purchase 12 credits, you can do an unlimited amount of TBSS's per year, so basically 24 credits will allow you to tune however many 06 and 07 TBSS's you want

Your wrong on more than a few points.

HP Tuners only takes 2 credits for the TBSS, and 2 credits for the Corvette C6 LS2. HPT only lets you modify the PIDs the software has a function for and is limited to the trans controller and engine controller parameters. It will not let you look at or program the body computer, the ABS computer or anything else.

Superchips lets you change to three driving modes, performance, economy and towing. It lets you modify shift pressures for all gears and shift speeds for 1-2 and 2-3 shifts independantly. It lets you unlock speed limiters and change rev limiter settings.It lets you change tire size settings. It lets you log data for analysis on your PC. The superchips performance tune removes torque management as well as modifying stabilitrak thresholds (I haven't had stabilitrak kick in since the programming with Superchips). Superchips also has testing modes to time general times, 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.

Superchips will also analyze your data acquisitions and produce a custom tune for you if you ask.

With HPT you are pretty much on your own.

That being said, I have both, mostly because I bought HPT then Superchips did 2007 TBSS performance testing with my car and they gave me the programmer.

If your not into technical stuff, Superchips is great. It's also a source of dyno tuned programming that increases both performance and mileage. I have currently been running the superchips performance tune for about two weeks. My 0-60 logged with HPT scanner was 7.8 seconds before the superchips and 5.9 seconds after, my mileage has not gone below 15 MPG average since (which is remarkable as my AWD TBSS never got better than 11.3 average since it was new).

Superchips also reduces the IAT spark retard and increases the threshold temperatures, making heat soak less apparent on accelleration and mileage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts