Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been doing these for a long time, and thought we would give the LS2's a try, despite them being alot more difficult to tear down and assemble compared to an LS1/3/7,etc.

These units are 100% torn down to the bare casting. This allows us to port the entire unit, unlike others that remove the blade and port around the shaft. We remove all the large restrictions both from in front of AND behind the blade. We also remove the front half of the throttle shaft to further improve airflow through the throttle body. The port work and blade are both polished to a mirror shine. Lastly, we powder coat the throttle body in our usual show quality finish prior to complete re-assembly.

Our throttle bodies are truly the complete package. We are going to do a dyno test soon with my TBSS. We have seen gains of 10-15 RWHP on the Corvette LS2, LS3 and LS7 vehicles, so we expect to do well with the LS2 truck as well.

We have two ready to go right now on a special introductory price of $160 plus shipping. One is chrome powder and the other is gloss black.
Core charge of $65 is 100% refunded as soon as we recieve your stock core back from you. Paypal and credit card both accepted.

Pictures:

COMPARED TO STOCK:

More pics...

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Damn That's good lookin

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
So it's 160 + 65 than 65 refunded when returned for 160 out the door?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Almost, forgot shipping. $13 flat rate priority with tracking. So $173 plus $65, and yes $65 is refunded when yours comes back in.

Just got a PM that one is wanted. Who wants the other? We will buy more cores if there is demand, but the price is going to go up.

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
Almost, forgot shipping. $13 flat rate priority with tracking. So $173 plus $65, and yes $65 is refunded when yours comes back in.

Just got a PM that one is wanted. Who wants the other? We will buy more cores if there is demand, but the price is going to go up.
ouch!

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,740 Posts
BLING BLING, those are sweet.:coolthumb:

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
So is it still a 90mm blade bore or is it a new blade with a bigger bore?

HOLY HELL!!! @ the material removed from the inlet!!! Thats insane and it looks pretty good. As good as a modified stocker can look I guess... the cover on the side just fucks up the whole thing. :yuck:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Some do and some don't. some go ahead and tube for and some let it self adjust

·
Premium Member
2006 2wd TBSS
1,538 Posts
How much for an LS7 throttle body?

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
how much shipped for just a ported version with no polish or paint...just raw?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So is it still a 90mm blade bore or is it a new blade with a bigger bore?

HOLY HELL!!! @ the material removed from the inlet!!! Thats insane and it looks pretty good. As good as a modified stocker can look I guess... the cover on the side just fucks up the whole thing. :yuck:

Its still a 90mm at the blade, but now its a true 90 throughout the bore. All that material from the factory reduces the front by easily 7mm and at least 3 mm on the backside also. The truck ones are even worse than other LS2 in terms of the huge ridge placed behind the blade. There's just a ton of material added to these units from GM that restricts them. Not much we can do about the plastic cover. That's one of the nice things about the newer units like LS3, the cap is metal and we coat that also.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How much for an LS7 throttle body?
What color would you want it? I don't think we have any for exchange just FYI, would you send one in to be done?

how much shipped for just a ported version with no polish or paint...just raw?
We don't offer them unpolished or un coated, there's a good size CFM gain from the polishing based on our flow bench testing we did with other platforms. As far as the coating goes, when they are totally apart already, they get coated in bulk then re-assembled. We almost never get a request for a non coated one, its better from a service stand point to have them just assembled and ready to ship immediately.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
i meant the casing kept raw - not liking the chrome or black look

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
i prolly speak for a lot of ppl when i say that ill wait to see the dyno results before pulling the trigger :popcorn3:

1 - 20 of 157 Posts