Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I read some interesting info saying you should do a rocker trunion upgrade if you have more than .615 lift. Well I am 630/620, so I ordered a set from JEGs.
I call a few shops in the area and they want about $5 per rocker...WTF!!!! Thats $80+tax and 2 days.
So one thing I dont own is a press, well doesnt that suck! I start pricing presses and boy are these things expensive. My search led me to Harbor Freight, I found a 12 ton for $111.00 after discount.
Figured for only a few bucks more I'll own a press :) and can now do it all myself.
I had 8 extra stock LS2 rockers sitting around and decided to just swap those out, Ill need to wait until the weekend to do the L92 rockers, but very smooth process....see pics!

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,440 Posts
Ok, so I read some interesting info saying you should do a rocker trunion upgrade if you have more than .615 lift. Well I am 630/620, so I ordered a set from JEGs.
I call a few shops in the area and they want about $5 per rocker...WTF!!!! Thats $80+tax and 2 days.
So one thing I dont own is a press, well doesnt that suck! I start pricing presses and boy are these things expensive. My search led me to Harbor Freight, I found a 12 ton for $111.00 after discount.
Figured for only a few bucks more I'll own a press :) and can now do it all myself.
I had 8 extra stock LS2 rockers sitting around and decided to just swap those out, Ill need to wait until the weekend to do the L92 rockers, but very smooth process....see pics!

Enjoy!
Ya gotta love Harbor freight. Been ordering stuff from them since early 80's. I've considered buying one also from them. Fortunately I have a neighbor who works on cars with one so until I get my new place with more garage space, I'll be patient.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
They're cheap, but work for most stuff.

I used to run a 125 ton press...hated that mofo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts