Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to spx7 for the info. i ended up getting the coilovers and the 150 lb spring. Bolted it right up and only thing i used 2 washers on the inside of upper mount to push them out a tad because didnt want it that close to the frame.

I had it on the hardest setting dropped the truck almost didnt move lol. I tigtened the springs so it just has tension when tire is in the air and then set the shock to the softest setting and i should start testing it out at the end of the week. Ill prob drive on softest setting then middle then the hardest on the shock.

If you guys decide to get the shock the DR8855P is the one id go with. 19.5 extended because the one i got (DR7855P) I feel will be to short for the guys that arent lowered as low as me and tire will come off the ground possibly on steep inclines.

The 150 lb spring will be good with the air bags we have if you want to take the air bags out completly like spx7 is then id get the higest spring rate you can get. 350 or 375 if im not mistaken.

now the 150 rate springs are for 1250-1450 pounds. I know not all the weight is on them because i have the air bags but ill see if its that stiff for the ride and if it is ill step down. the 105 spring rate springs are for 1000-1100 which is also a good rate. oh well trial and error thing

·
Premium Member
TBZ06
7,058 Posts
Sweet bro, so i guess i'll be putting some washer on the inside too...

got my rear coilovers today, what you think if i bolt them in & see what happens, you think that would be stupid??

chassis warehouse (ebay name)
[email protected]
410-796-8777

DR8855P with 14-350 spring

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet bro, so i guess i'll be putting some washer on the inside too...

got my rear coilovers today, what you think if i bolt them in & see what happens, you think that would be stupid??

chassis warehouse (ebay name)
[email protected]
410-796-8777

DR8855P with 14-350 spring

try it out with keepsin teh springs in there. I noitced that the rear of my truck seems kinda higher. ill see how it rides and if it settles. worse comes to worse i can just bring the rear airbags down some more and bring her down. Ill see what i plan to do. Spring change is very easy on it.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the think if i keep the DJM spring in, the rear wont go lower like i want it too....

i think you might have a issue with the 350 lb springs. Now when i put my 150 in the truck wont sit as low as i want it and i dont want to let air out the bags anymore. Im going to go order the 80 pound ones and see if that will work. Now in your case the 350 lb springs might night let the truck sit down to where you want it to sit. Id say take the stock springs out and set up the coilovers and see how it sits. If its not sitting right i can send out my 150 springs to you and you can test those out and if it sits right with them ill sell them to you. Mine i just put in. I will try to drive around adn see if they settle but they sit like 3/4 of a inch to high for my taste. This is one of those trial and error based things. You will have to try the 350s in and remember for the right spring rate the lower adjusters should be 1/3 to 1/2 way up. If you need to lower the truck more which means the lower collar will be farther down on the theaded part than 1/3 then you need to go with a softer spring. So yah take out your springs put in the shocks and see where the truck sits then for sure you will know if these springs will work or not.

What do you want it to be from ground to fenderlip?? I need mine at 29.5.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Can't wait to see some pictures of the final product. I can't believe you are 1.5" lower in the back then me. Damn you are slammed!!!!

·
Premium Member
TBZ06
7,058 Posts
Thanks Tony, i'm going to have to try the coilovers on & see what happens.

I'm just scared if the stock shock mounts will hold up, to me they look strong enough, but from what you & SPX-7 have told me I'm scared to try them on with out reinforcing the stock mounts.

Do you think i can put the coilover on & see what happens or would that be stupid??

What you think Joe????

I want to get my rear at about 30 1/4" - 30 1/2".....but thats with my 22's on & my front is 29 3/4"

:dunno:

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yah my front is at 28.5. honestly if you will just test them out in the garage and see where they sit i dont see a problem in doing that at all. I also was looking at the bottom mounts they seem to be strong enough. I did air shocks on a guys truck a while ago (took springs out but didnt want air bags) so all he has holding up his rear is air shocks and a compressor ihooked up to run them and I called him earlier this morning and he said his mounts are fine nothing has broken and has put over 15k miles on the truck like that.

So its up to you. But honestly i see no harm in taking the springs out and putting in the coilovers and adjsuting them just to see where it would sit. I have a feeling you will need to get a softer spring rate to do that.

·
Premium Member
TBZ06
7,058 Posts
yah my front is at 28.5. honestly if you will just test them out in the garage and see where they sit i dont see a problem in doing that at all. I also was looking at the bottom mounts they seem to be strong enough. I did air shocks on a guys truck a while ago (took springs out but didnt want air bags) so all he has holding up his rear is air shocks and a compressor ihooked up to run them and I called him earlier this morning and he said his mounts are fine nothing has broken and has put over 15k miles on the truck like that.

So its up to you. But honestly i see no harm in taking the springs out and putting in the coilovers and adjsuting them just to see where it would sit. I have a feeling you will need to get a softer spring rate to do that.
cool cool, if buddies truck is holding up & its been 15K, then i think it would be fine to do.
I'm gonna put them in & see how it goes....

Thanks Tony..

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool cool, if buddies truck is holding up & its been 15K, then i think it would be fine to do.
I'm gonna put them in & see how it goes....

Thanks Tony..

i totally forgot about that guy man i need to stop smokin so much lol

I do have a feeling your truck will sit to high when you put them in and remember if you tighten them down it will lift it up more. Id just put the springs in and set them up so that the springs will just have tension when the truck is lifted off the ground. That will give you the lowest point you can get. Then you can see how she sits.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh just want to point out spring rate does not change if you make the spring looser or tighter. So if you compress the springs to bring them all the way up spring rate stays the same it doesn't change. I might have to go to a 12 inch spring if it doest sit where i want it to.

·
Registered
28 Posts
oh just want to point out spring rate does not change if you make the spring looser or tighter. So if you compress the springs to bring them all the way up spring rate stays the same it doesn't change. I might have to go to a 12 inch spring if it doest sit where i want it to.
I was just about to post that! I read down a bit further to see that you had it figured out. Thats what makes coilovers so nice, you can raise or lower the vehicle w/o changing the spring rate.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was just about to post that! I read down a bit further to see that you had it figured out. Thats what makes coilovers so nice, you can raise or lower the vehicle w/o changing the spring rate.
yah. Im going to try the springs i have in now. If i tighten them up truck will lift which i dont want and i have like 2.5 inches before i get to thebottom of the shock. If i like the ride i think ill just back it out and if its to harsh ill have to drop the spring rate down.

·
Premium Member
TBZ06
7,058 Posts
uhhh ohhh the T-blaze is sit'n a lil lower & riding sweet.....:biggrin2:

everything worked out perfect & its sitting at 30 1/4" in the rear.

i have the 14-350 spring & the ride is really nice & handles nice, even the 12-350 spring would be good to get also.

:coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
1,133 Posts
uhhh ohhh the T-blaze is sit'n a lil lower & riding sweet.....:biggrin2:

everything worked out perfect & its sitting at 30 1/4" in the rear.

i have the 14-350 spring & the ride is really nice & handles nice, even the 12-350 spring would be good to get also.

:coolthumb:

Got pics yet?

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sweet to see it works. Im going to ride on mine see if it settles. Im going to call josh tomm and see if i should go with a 12 inch spring or keep 14 but lower spring rate. I have to drive it first and see what i do from there on out. A lot of guys wont be lowering their tbss as low as me so the 19.5 shock and the 150 lb spring would work well for them also i want to test mine out fully and test different spring rates.

·
Premium Member
TBZ06
7,058 Posts
Got pics yet?
that is my pic there or did you mean from the outside??

It basically looks the same just not so door stopper looking anymore, if you know what i mean.

With me 22's on my truck rite now i'm 29 3/4" front & 30 1/4" rear perfect for me..

:cheers1:

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that is my pic there or did you mean from the outside??

It basically looks the same just not so door stopper looking anymore, if you know what i mean.

With me 22's on my truck rite now i'm 29 3/4" front & 30 1/4" rear perfect for me..

Dam i wanna take my truck out for a ride but cant arahhh. The driveway has stuff for the stucco in it so cant back out.

Now your 350 spring is where the pic shows the bottom collar thats where its at now or did you bring it up/down more.

·
Premium Member
TBZ06
7,058 Posts
Dam i wanna take my truck out for a ride but cant arahhh. The driveway has stuff for the stucco in it so cant back out.

Now your 350 spring is where the pic shows the bottom collar thats where its at now or did you bring it up/down more.
Just got back from a lil ride & everything is mint..:bum: LOL..bro if you can't back out just do burnouts in the garage...:rofl:

Anyways i lowered it down a tiny bit from where it is in the picture, i think the 12" spring wound be just perfect, still going to just keep the 14" thow cuz everything feels really good, i'm happy.

oh ya! I wrote a thank you e-mail to Josh yesterday & told him about the site, maybe he'll check it out.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got back from a lil ride & everything is mint..:bum: LOL..bro if you can't back out just do burnouts in the garage...:rofl:

Anyways i lowered it down a tiny bit from where it is in the picture, i think the 12" spring wound be just perfect, still going to just keep the 14" thow cuz everything feels really good, i'm happy.

oh ya! I wrote a thank you e-mail to Josh yesterday & told him about the site, maybe he'll check it out.

YAH im gonna call him tommorrow. IF the ride is good with these springs im gonna ask him should i step down on spring rate or should i keep spring rate same but go with a 12 inch spring. Reguardless i have to get it on level ground and drive it just to be sure. Also not sure if they settle or not

1 - 20 of 65 Posts