Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smart Honda in Des Moines had an 07 TBSS for sale. Dropped a 1K deposit late last friday and had a hand shake, verbal agreement and deal signed off by the general manager pending financing and that i could pick it up on Monday / today.which i got approved thru my own bank. Long story get called by the finance guy and the sales person that the GM was pushing to sell it Friday and there were 2 others interested behind me. Drive by dealer yesterday no tbss seen. Showed up today told the blazer was sold late Friday. No phone calls or shit prior to this. I was so pissed. /jerk Guess the bottom line dealers don't give a shit its all about the buck and no morals. Mike leep Sr owns a large chain to include this. :fu:

·
MILFs dont drive minivans
07 TrailblazerSS
6,884 Posts
That's shitty, especially given the fact that u shook on it and put the money down.... but shit happens for a reason, just wasn't meant to be

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was almost perfect. 1 owner perfect condition, not trashed, your righy things happen for a reason, decided to trade my vette for a cts v. and keep lookin for a tbss :)

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
That's weird. I've bought a lot of cars with my dealer / sales guy and he would never pull that shit because he would lose more "one" customer---....very weird shit that was--but it's the end of the month too....................best time to deal, but walk in with that money!

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Cops would have been called if it was me....not that I would be the one doing the calling. They would call on me cuz I would be off the hook. Nothing personal sales guys....but I hate their and the dealerships bs. along with the lil black book to "tell me what my trade in is worth...and nada/kbb is inflated. Ever seen the look on one of their faces when you ask to see it about one of their on the lot rip offs their jaw drops haha. Once again nothing personal but its a game. What if you would of came back and said naaa found a better deal gimme my money back????

Ma'am have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree? Exactly it will come down.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Most of you have NO idea how many times this happens. Out of the 15 or so customers that gave me deposits for vehicles (and supposedly went to get their own financing) ...only 2 of them actually bought the car. Customers lie entirely moreso than dealers/salesmen. Anyway...

This is how the scenario went down (without me even being there):

1. Customer spent a bit of time at the dealer on Friday, eventually got as close to the wanted price as possible. Customer then left deposit and told them he would get his own financing.

2. Monday morning meeting, all pending deals are discussed. Sales tower asks salesman/finance dept. why in the fuck they couldn't finalize the deal Friday night. Blah blah blah.

3. By Wednesday, the Sales Mgr. is all over the salesman's ass about getting the customer back in.

4. Friday comes and the Sales Mgr is fed up with the lack of finalization of the sale. He has seen this hundreds of times. Bird in the hand comes into play, simple as that.

You wanted the vehicle, you should have gotten financing from your bank sooner, simple as that.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Shawn I'm missing something? He said Fri to Mon...not Mon to Fri...or are you just stating past expierence generic scenario? Cuz depending on time of day Fri that he gave 1k/handshake and coming back Mon seems quick for getting it done over a weekend.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Shawn I'm missing something? He said Fri to Mon...not Mon to Fri...or are you just stating past expierence generic scenario? Cuz depending on time of day Fri that he gave 1k/handshake and coming back Mon seems quick for getting it done over a weekend.

I took it as "late last Friday" meaning not this past Friday, but the previous one. That would have put an entire week in limbo. I read it this way because he said he was there late last Friday, and then it was sold late Friday. Maybe it was only the couple of days :dunno: that changes the scenario entirely.

The scenario I layed out though, plays out every single day all over the country.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
For sure money talks bs walks. Funny how we perceive things last Fri to me is 3 days ago much like this coming weekend vs next weekend to me one is 4 days away and the other is 11 days away. Funny

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
PLEASE put your "Ma'am....." quote below the line. PLEASE.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Ah... YES. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,479 Posts
it happens all the time and evey dealership will do it especially if financing was a little unsure...but its not the sales guy its the guys behind the desk...not saying us sales guys are the straightest..that salesman lost his commision so im sure he was just as mad...

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Well unless he was the guy who redid....redo.....redone the deal to line his pockets with $$$ from a better sucker $$$$$

·
Premium Member
'08 SRX V-6 AWD
2,767 Posts
I always make it a point to provide my own financing. Why? Because I have found that if the dealer does it, you only have their word as to what the most favorable interest rate is available to the buyer. Once the dotted line is scribbled full, it's too late to back up.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts