Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is as much as a gauge for me as it is a game for everyone else. I will be dynoing my truck in the coming months and would like to see what she's doing with the mods. Upon tuning day, I'll have a K&N CAI (modified to hitting around 5 degrees F over ambient), 160 T-stat, efans, stock exhaust, and a PCMforLeSS tune with a retune after a drive around. Anyone wanna take a stab at my RWHP in March Houston weather (no idea on DA, but it probably sucks). I'm aiming for 400HP, but that'll be easy after headers and H/C.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,037 Posts
I'm gunna guess around 360rwhp..

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
Can't make a guess with out knowing what kind of dyno you will be using. Will it be load bearing dyno - mustang/mainline etc., or will it be a dynojet?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS 2wd
2,802 Posts
I have almost the same mods including tune......I would say 345. 400HP is not going to even get close. Plus my 342HP was done at PCMForLess shop and it was almost 100 degrees ambient air temp in the dyno shop.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
763 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No idea on the dyno, it's one that billhillytim knows about on 1960 (north side of Houston). Looks like I'll need to do a bit of research... Yeah, 400HP is my end-all goal with headers, etc. I'd LOVE our truck to make that with easy bolt-ons, haha.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
I have almost the same mods including tune......I would say 345. 400HP is not going to even get close. Plus my 342HP was done at PCMForLess shop and it was almost 100 degrees ambient air temp in the dyno shop.
Sean, you still over in Bahrain?

·
Banned
Supercharged TBSS
1,940 Posts
336 pending the dyno. if its a mustang or dynojet. mustangs tend to under compensate.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Basically the same mods as me so I will guess 359(depending on the dyno):popcorn3:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
if ur talking 400 rwhp on just bolt ons ur gonna be disappointed....ithe best with bolt ons i seen was bubbas with 380 whp....ur gonna need at least a cam to get to 400 rwhp

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha, guys, I stated I wanted 400RWHP with bolt-ons and H/C and headers. I know it's unrealistic, I just want to see what I can get with the current setup. I'll hit 400RWHP someday, but that'll be after I get a different trans and a stall.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
oh ok i didnt know that u just mentioned it all in bits and pieces....but yea with a good H/C set up ull be well over the 400 mark

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Going to need a trans before then :). Did you run that quarter time with stock stall Sean?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
2,260 Posts
yes sir, street tune and kn intake with headlight, seats & spare removed at +1800 DA

1 - 20 of 38 Posts