Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
08 Trailblazer SS
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saturday I was driving and all of a sudden the temp gauge stopped working and the A/C stopped blowing cold. After going to two stores and not running the A/C I noticed the gauge was working again. I tried the A/C and it also started working again. Anyone have any ideas what caused this?

·
Premium Member
08 Trailblazer SS
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No codes and Im tuned. I have been for about 2.5 years now. I have also noticed that the temps on the gauge or my dashhawk go all over the place. I left it running with the A/C on yesterday to pick up my kids. When I left the temps were at 192*. A block down the road they were 118* and then right up to 178* and then but down and up.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
Didn't see this thread. I posted the same thing on a different thread as well with the same issue, just not as dramatic with the 118. The good thing is it is not overheating and is running fine but would still like to know what is going on.

·
Premium Member
08 Trailblazer SS
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any help on this would be great. It happened again this morning. Everything was working fine and all at once the light came on to check gauges. The temp gauge started to drop and the A/C stopped blowing cold. What ties these two things together? Is there a fuse, relay or something that could go out effecting both?

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
whats probobly happening is the ecm is seeing coolant temps spike, and disengaging the ac compressor clutch. when you say its not working?... is it not blowing ANY air out the vents... or is it just blowing hot nasty air out.

id put a coolant temp sensor in it.. its located on the drivers side cylinder head, towards the front of the motor... right behind the power steering pump...

could be a few other things as well.. but with what you described as a condition.. id start there.

edit: after seeing the second post...

when it the check gauges light comes on what exactly is going on? is the gauge saying the truck is over heating?... are any other gauges acting up?...

did you check to see if the sensor's harness is connected tightly or if there is any damage to the wiring?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
• A/C compressor clutch will not engage under the following conditions:

- The A/C high side line pressure is over 2,413 kPa (350 psi).

- The A/C low side line pressure is under 151 kPa (22 psi).

- Throttle angle is at 100 percent.

- Engine speed is more than 5,500 RPM.

- Engine coolant temperature (ECT) is more than 123°C (253°F).

- Ambient air temperature is less than 1°C (35°F).

- Engine is idling at a low unstable RPM.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
08 Trailblazer SS
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All conditions are normal driving. The gauge drops like the truck was off. The dashhawk will still show temps. This morning they read 160* and then dropped and when back up and all over the place. The A/C does still blow air but not cool air. Ill look at changing the sensor this weekend and see if that hepls. This has only happened twice but its very annoying. If it wasnt for the A/C and the temps going crazy on the dashhawk I really wouldnt care lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts