Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys, Charles (owner of Badlanz HPE, Inc.) and I are bringing you his electric cutouts in a group buy.

I am running this group buy and will be handling the money as well.

Transactions will be done here:

http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=JETTT&Product_Code=JAT-TBSS-BADLANZ-GB&Category_Code=E_CUT

I will also be adding Badlanz as a brand I represent to my arsenal of products I offer.

Some of you may have seen previous group buys with thrid-parties taking money. I am your advocate.

INTRODUCING our GROUP BUY on BadlanzHPE, Inc. ELECTRIC CUTOUTS!!

Terms of the group buy:

• Closes Sunday, August 9th, 2009 (30 days)
  • 3.0" Electric Cutout with your choice of Y-pipe adapter (Carbon Steel Painted Black, or Stainless Steel)
  • FREE Wireless controller with purchase of 'kit' (see line above)
  • Options include turndown adapters (aim exhaust at ground) and cap-off plates (to close off y-pipe section if e-cutout is removed)
  • WARRANTY - Motors have a 2 year warranty and Lifetime on the valve assembly for this group buy as long as Badlanz warranty policies* are followed.
  • FREE shipping on all U.S. Domestic locations, including Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico
  • Shipping to Canada and Mexico $15.00 single kits - $25.00 dual kits (PLEASE contact us first)
  • Shipping to All other international locations $30.00 single kits - $40.00 dual kits (PLEASE contact us first)
  • Bolts, Gaskets, switches, and wiring included with Electric Cutout Kit(s)
  • Dual kits save an additional $10.00 off purchase price
  • (2) 35 Watt HID kits will be raffled away after conclusion of group buy
Electric Cutout kit ($199.99 with Carbon Steel Y-pipe) (2.5" pictured) (dual $389.98)

Electic Cutout kit($209.99 with Stainless Steel Y-pipe) (dual $409.98)

Options:

The cap plate bolts on the end of the y-pipe in case you have to remove the e-cutout for any reason, You then go back to stock exhaust when bolted on.

3.0" SS cap plate $9.00

3.0" steel cap plate $6.00

The turndowns are recommended to deflect the exhaust away and down from the underside of your vehicle

Heat and the exhaust gases are very hard on everything, plus the turndown "tunes" the sound better.
You can deflect the air to theside as well �to hear it much better.

3.0" SS turndown pipe $45.00

3.0" steel turndown pipe $35.00

Wireless Controller Included in group buy:

Wireless Controller in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HcDqoB47bg&eurl=http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=JETTT&Product_Code=JAT-TBSS-BADLANZ-GB&Category_Code=E_CUT&feature=player_embedded

*Owner of BadlanzHPE, Inc. : "One thing I do not recommend with all my valves, is to open and close while driving. There is high pressures going across the butterfly plate and can weaken/damage the gearbox. " Please do not abuse your electric cutout. Please operate at idle or low load or low pressure situation (i.e. idle or coasting).

EDIT: It would be advisable to not operate cutout in high exhaust flow or pressure situations. If you are driving or sitting at idle please operate cutout at low rpm and low load conditions.

For all of your car polishing or humor needs see [email protected]

Pricing subject to change without notice.

Group buy subject to change or cancellation without notice.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From: http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30389&page=3

Just stopped over and met the owner of Badlandz.

I had about 5 questions ready for him but when I walked in the shop and saw a CNC mill and inventory on the shelves it pretty much elimated most my questions.

These are not restickered parts with his name on them at all. These are hand built units with attention to detail. He explained the evolution of the product and how he got where he is. For those of you worried about them being up to "DMH standards" dont. I assure you they are superior to the DMH on my truck.

The purpose of the remote "controller" is not so much the remote as it is for motor control. The unit can still be controlled with a switch (either with contoller or without). My DMH unit snaps open pretty quick so you have to keep blipping the switch if you would want to have a partially open exhaust which I often do. The Badlanz unit is fluid and controllable with the remote option and will also increase the longevity of the motor if you are messing with it often.

So two thumbs up from me. Its the real deal.

:coolthumb:
---and

Could you elaborate on that a bit? How is it superior?
Thicker butterfly plate and better seal. As a test he actually dumped water into the cutout and I did not see it drip a drop. He said it would leak by eventually but the fact you could pour water in it is a testament to the fit if nothing else.

The Y-pipes look 10 times better than the DMH. I had to tweak one of the bolts on mine to even get the cutout to slide on. The tolerances on this stuff is a lot better. Very apparent when you see it.

As far as the gearmotor its impossible for me to speak of longevity as only time will tell. But they were well sealed. As a matter of fact all his harness stuff looked really good.

After talking to him a bit you could tell he strives to make a better product. I honestly dont know how he does it so inexpensively as the outlay for the CNC machine alone had to be substantial.

It really is nice stuff. If you read my post above I was skeptical and had every intention of going there and beating him up !

Above all that he had a multitude of valves/Y options. It wasnt a one size fits all deal.

I will be installing mine ASAP!!! Pics and videos (of course) coming soon (this weekend)!!

-Mike

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
*Owner of BadlanzHPE, Inc. : "One thing I do not recommend with all my valves, is to open and close while driving. There is high pressures going across the butterfly plate and can weaken/damage the gearbox. " Please do not abuse your electric cutout. Please operate at idle or low pressure situation (i.e. ignition on engine off).
Thats a nice price, but the quote above is the exact reason I'm holding out for a set of slider/guillotine style like the one Dougs sells... what fun is it if you can't uncork the pipes while sitting next to a guy at the stoplight.

Ricer: *REV.... REEEEEEEVVVVVV.... REEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVV*
Me: "Hold on a second bro...."
>shuts of ignition, waits for cut outs to open, restarts engine<
"Ok... now I'm ready!!"

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD
4,748 Posts
You don't have to shut it off. He said "while driving"; as in, going forward. Idling, you're not producing the same pressures (which could damage your cut-out) as while you're driving.

I open and close my QTP (probably, the most notoriously craptastic cutout on the market) all of the time while idling and have, on occasion, done it while in motion and nothing has happened as of yet.

I've had it on since Feb/2008.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a nice price, but the quote above is the exact reason I'm holding out for a set of slider/guillotine style like the one Dougs sells... what fun is it if you can't uncork the pipes while sitting next to a guy at the stoplight.

Ricer: *REV.... REEEEEEEVVVVVV.... REEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVV*
Me: "Hold on a second bro...."
>shuts of ignition, waits for cut outs to open, restarts engine<
"Ok... now I'm ready!!"
Rob is right. Idle or rolling idle is the same thing.

He just doesn't want guys WOT throwing the switch.

Thanks for the input though!

I'll remember to trash your threads. :basketball:

And just to be clear--the words in quotes are Charles', the 'ignition off' stuff is my words. I was trying to be clear. I guess I will need to make it a touch more idiot proof in the wording.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
1. JeTTTstream, stainless y-pipe, stainless cap plate (block off), stainless turndown, paid.
2. DFWwiz (Kevin), stainless y-pipe kit, paid
3. mikeac1984 (Mike), carbon steel black y-pipe kit, paid
4. TyphoonSS (Garrett) carbon steel black y-pipe kit, paid

etc

·
Administrator
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
And just to be clear--the words in quotes are Charles', the 'ignition off' stuff is my words. I was trying to be clear. I guess I will need to make it a touch more idiot proof in the wording.
Actually, I think Charles words are "while driving" so you might want to check that out.

I do mine all the time while idling. If I switch my Y Pipe around and I might I will go to dual dumps. Regardless if its DMH or Badlanz I will continue to open while running.

Besides I am to the point I drive mine open headers all the time and only close it (while driving) when I pull up next to a cop.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, I think Charles words are "while driving" so you might want to check that out.

I do mine all the time while idling. If I switch my Y Pipe around and I might I will go to dual dumps. Regardless if its DMH or Badlanz I will continue to open while running.

Besides I am to the point I drive mine open headers all the time and only close it (while driving) when I pull up next to a cop.
Yes it is totally fine to operate while the truck is running. I edited the text above to reflect that.

Idle or low load/exhaust condition (coasting etc.)

Thanks,
-Mike

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Rob is right. Idle or rolling idle is the same thing.

He just doesn't want guys WOT throwing the switch.

Thanks for the input though!

I'll remember to trash your threads. :basketball:

I'm just playin' with ya man!! :cheers1:

Honestly my buddy has had butterfly valve style cut outs on his blown SSS for awhile now and he opens them all the time while idling and hasn't had them start leaking yet... I can see where that warning comes from b/c you'd have guys uncorking them while redlining and then wonder why they don't seal anymore.

Carry on! :basketball:

EDIT: does anyone have a picture of where they've placed these (or any cut out) under a TBSS... thats my dilema with doing ANY cutouts at this point is finding a good place to put them where they're still far enough forward to be worth it, but not hanging below the frame or something.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow!!!

Got mine today and all I can say is it is really a quality piece!!!

I hooked it up to the HID test bench for 12v power and let me clarify something that may or may not be known:

The 'controller' is AWESOME!!

The controller that comes with *this* group buy not only has the wireless option BUT it allows the user to have a one touch operation of the cutout as well.

So---the controller is worth it's weight in gold for several reasons:

1. Extremly easy to install.
2. Quickly powers off when the valve is open or closed (SAVES MOTOR LIFE!)
3. Enables ONE TOUCH operation of opening and closing with regular toggle switch. HIT IT and FORGET IT!!!

I was so amazed I did not know this--and I wanted to make sure you guys now know this too!!!

You can also hold down the keyfob and have an intermittantly stop--but it is either open or closed in my opinion.

Summary:

The controller makes this setup BEYOND top notch and I am EXTREMELY glad that YOU guys will HAVE this controller too!!!!

Installation coming this weekend!! I can't wait!!

-Mike

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Dammit... now you got me second guessing myself here... I've spent so much on TBSS stuff lately can I really justify another couple hundred.... decisions, decisions.

·
Premium Member
08' TrailblazerSS
4,663 Posts
I'd just like to say.. MIKE YOU SUCK!!! Now I have to justify to the boss why I have to spend a couple hundred bucks to make my truck LOUDER. Not on the list just yet...... close.... I need to leave this site, you guy's are a baaaad influence.... :D

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS imperialblue
1,554 Posts
i think i am going to be getting in on this one now...:coolthumb: got to work a lil over time and i might be able too... how much different will the ss dash plug be

·
Premium Member
08' TrailblazerSS
4,663 Posts
Now put it all into one package deal and really f'k things up!! :fu::biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
are you waiting till end of GB to ship them or are you going to ship them as they are paid ?
3 sets have already shipped.

Badlanz is shipping them as I present the orders.

So, yes---they ship as they are paid---as soon as possible.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i think i am going to be getting in on this one now...:coolthumb: got to work a lil over time and i might be able too... how much different will the ss dash plug be
Well keep in mind that is all custom.

I adapted InfiniteReality's SS dash plug to the Badlanz cutout with a latching relay circuit.

Potentially you could use a light or LED as well--but I thought using my dash plug would be that much more bad ass.

Originally I was going to have the SS lit all the time. And then when the cutout opens change the SS to red or illuminate another block of text such as: "Evil"

So the plug would read:

"Evil"
"SS"

etc.

If there is interest for this sort of thing I will double check with Badlanz as I am modifying the controller harness (2 splice connections--no cutting) as far as for warranty and such.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Mike

1 - 20 of 77 Posts