Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would just like to thank Greg for helping out on the Torque Converter and all the Transmission Parts. We built the transmissions with Supercoolin and Coach in Vegas and had a great time. The customer service from Greg and his guys at Phoenix are second to none. The parts are listed below.

This is everything that was done to both NorCal and My Transmissions:

All of the parts were from a friend at Phoenix Transmission in Texas named Greg Ducato.

http://www.phoenixtransmissionproducts.com/

1) PTGM55HSX Torque converter custom stalled to application (2600-2800), fully tig reinforced and improved sprag springs used, and with anti balloon plate for NOS/Supercharger
2) SPX Beast Sun Shell
3) Input drum sleeve and piston to help prevent breakage in the spline area
4) Trans-Go 4L60E-2 Shift kit, includes Boost valve and sleeve
5) Borg Warner High Energy 2/4 Band( best spring steel and band anchor ends of anything out there)
6) Sonnax Billet 2nd gear servo
7) Sonnax Billet 4th gear servo
8) Raybestos 3/4 Z pack
9) Master Rebuild kit with clutches, seals, rings, contains all OE quality seals, rings , gaskets and clutches.
10) Reverse input drum machined to be sure it is square and concentric and the band area is even
11) Billet pump vane rings

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
I would just like to thank Greg for helping out on the Torque Converter and all the Transmission Parts. We built the transmissions with Supercoolin and Coach in Vegas and had a great time. The customer service from Greg and his guys at Phoenix are second to none. The parts are listed below.

This is everything that was done to both NorCal and My Transmissions:

All of the parts were from a friend at Phoenix Transmission in Texas named Greg Ducato.

http://www.phoenixtransmissionproducts.com/

1) PTGM55HSX Torque converter custom stalled to application (2600-2800), fully tig reinforced and improved sprag springs used, and with anti balloon plate for NOS/Supercharger
2) SPX Beast Sun Shell
3) Input drum sleeve and piston to help prevent breakage in the spline area
4) Trans-Go 4L60E-2 Shift kit, includes Boost valve and sleeve
5) Borg Warner High Energy 2/4 Band( best spring steel and band anchor ends of anything out there)
6) Sonnax Billet 2nd gear servo
7) Sonnax Billet 4th gear servo
8) Raybestos 3/4 Z pack
9) Master Rebuild kit with clutches, seals, rings, contains all OE quality seals, rings , gaskets and clutches.
10) Reverse input drum machined to be sure it is square and concentric and the band area is even
11) Billet pump vane rings
So how much is the tranny good for with these mods? Way more than me...I'm just curious.

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
The Raybestos Zpak is on national backorder until the end of July. What is hte next best thing to use?

·
Registered
156 Posts
We are going to go with their stall here down the road. Great guys to talk to.

·
Registered
07 1SS
963 Posts
Got the same stall... Goes in tomorrow..

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD Red Jewel
1,713 Posts
I spent the morning at Phoenix trans getting servos done. Great guys and a very professional crew.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
yah his converters rock for the price.

·
Premium Member
SS TrailBlaze 06
1,526 Posts
Greg showed me the servo's that came out of the SSTB they are not Corvette servo's for sure but vary small surface area one's that are not even close to the billet ones he installs. My Phoenix tranny is great. The 2800 to 3000 stall is a great street stall also.

·
Banned
237 Posts
I just called and spoke to Greg. I will be doing that transmission list that is listed above. The only problem is that the Raybestos 3/4 Z pack is on backorder nationwide. He said to call back at the end of July to see if they are back in stock.

I also told him what I was planning on doing. He wouldn't recommend this upgrade to be reliable over 500awhp. He said it's just physics and with the amount of weight we are moving you will have many failures down the road if you push the 550awhp+ mark. I told him my goal was to be around 600awhp and he said to save the hassle and settle for around 500awhp.

I really appreciated his honest feedback. They are a great group of guys of there!

·
Banned
237 Posts
I just ordered my parts from Phoenix Transmission. It was $1120 shipped to my door. I had to buy the Raybestos 3/4 Z Pack from eBay which came out to be $85.00 shipped. I should have all my parts within a week!

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
johnny what stall did you go with 3000?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts