Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THESE WIRES AINT NO JOKE

so i set my ohm meter and tested the stock wires. The stock wires resistance went from lowest 768 (which is pictured) to highest which was over 1000

then i hooked up the grantelli wires. meter started beeping right away would go from 0-1 and back. then got my other meter which is more precise. meter showed 0.07 lowest and 0.09 being highest.

·
Registered
620 Posts
NorCal that is a great thread. I went with the Taylor's from Hot Rod Lane that Joe recommended and got plenty of clearance from the BIG Kooks
1 7/8".

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NorCal that is a great thread. I went with the Taylor's from Hot Rod Lane that Joe recommended and got plenty of clearance from the BIG Kooks
1 7/8".
id like to see the resistance on them. A buddy from norcal1320.com sent me a message on the taylors. He said the resistance on them was not that much better than stock to warranty the price. OH well i got a killer deal from JJ on them and after seeing its not bs with 0.0 ohms they are a good buy

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
0 resistance bro should be better.

·
Registered
282 Posts
That is nice to know that it has been tested. Now if they only come in red I would be all over them.

L

·
0 Posts
i got them a while ago so the stock ones wouldn't hit the headers and they fit very nicely. ps nice meter i have the same one best meter for $100 for general use. (im an electrician)

·
Registered
620 Posts
id like to see the resistance on them. A buddy from norcal1320.com sent me a message on the taylors. He said the resistance on them was not that much better than stock to warranty the price. OH well i got a killer deal from JJ on them and after seeing its not bs with 0.0 ohms they are a good buy

Had I known about the Grantelli's I would have gone with them. I am just happy to get the wires off of the headers. If you see Joe and your feel like testing the Taylor's I would like to see the results.

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,017 Posts
Dam thats basically a sold wire huh... I wonder what kinda radio intereference your gonna get.
Interference is non-existent when listening to a normal radio station with high output. When I go to the track they broadcast the announcer over FM so you can hear while your in your car... When I'm slowing down at the end of the run you can definately hear the popping, but only because the broadcast is so weak.

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
702 Posts
Interference is non-existent when listening to a normal radio station with high output. When I go to the track they broadcast the announcer over FM so you can hear while your in your car... When I'm slowing down at the end of the run you can definately hear the popping, but only because the broadcast is so weak.
i think he meant interference to the spark. a solid wire is more susceptible to interference if it is not shielded properly.

·
Premium Member
06 TBSS 2WD
4,590 Posts
i took a picture but it was on a dial analog gauge and it was not legible......

i went with the Taylor Thundervolt 50's because of price point....they advertised 50 ohms for every 1' of wire.....i was guessing our short wires should be 20ish......mine were (lets call it) $75 to the door....well i put them on the guage and imagine my surprise when the guage read 4 ohms.......well maybe the guage is not as accurate as norcals guage so lets be truely skeptical and call it 10 ohms....so for half the cost of the granatelli's i'll call it a good buy.....they sure as hell out perform the stockers.....

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
I bought the Moto Blue wires off of RPMoutlet.com for $120 shipped. These ARE the Granatelli wires.....and they're the shorty LS2 wires. 1811 part number.

.004 on the Meter.

Also, the Taylor Thundervolt 50 ohm wires are 40 ohm, but I also had two that read over 1000 ohms....wow!
And the Taylor Spiro Pro wires are 180 ohms.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts